Wow! I can't believe so much time has passed since my last post. I posted last week but my internet went out for a few seconds right before I was going to publish and I lost the entire post.
Last week was truly a whirlwind of Christmas activity. This definitely ranks as one of the best Christmas's ever. The kids are all such great ages for getting into the Christmas spirit. Here are the highlights of our past week:
- Making my first ever gingerbread from scratch. I always buy the kits from JoAnn's or Costco but this year I was inspired by Family Fun magazine and made this gingerbread train. It was great fun for the kids. The oldest five were very interested in helpful and Jack was only interested in eating the candy. Yum! Thank goodness Jason's mom was here and was able to hold him while we decorated.
- Taking the older kids to see Night At The Museum. I got smart and got a babysitter to watch the younger kids and had a fun date with Eli, Jonah, Emma and Anna.
- Spending Christmas Eve Eve with my mom doing a craft she had made for the kids.
- Going with my mom to visit two ladies in a nursing home. One of them is 103. They were amazing ladies and my mom is even more amazing for visiting them every week. She is truly a bright spot in their lives. This act of service reminded me about the true meaning of Christmas.
- Anonymously dropping off gifts to a new family in our ward. They are recent converts and it was great to suprise them for Christmas.
- Giving Jason his top secret Christmas gift. I have been planning for several months to redo our downstairs family room with a byu theme. I gave it to Jason in honor of BYU's bowl game on December 21. He had no clue and was so suprised. I gave him this quilt on Christmas day. He loved it.
- Going to church on Christmas Eve. We had a great Sacrament meeting and Lucy sang O Holy Night in relief society. It was so beautiful and the perfect way to start my Christmas Eve festivities.
- Watching my kids dress up and perform the nativity program on Christmas Eve.
- Yummy buttermilk pancakes for dinner with Jason's parents on Christmas Eve.
- Seeing my kidsi n their traditional Christmas pj's.
- Catching Santa Claus in the act on Christmas Eve. Eli and Jonah claim they don't believe anymore and wanted to set up a video camera to catch him in the act. It was classic on Christmas morning to see them question their entire belief system as they watched the video of Santa in their living room.
- A fabulous Christmas day with happy kids and happy parents. All the kids were so pleased with the day. We hosted a family dinner on Christmas day. I was dreading it but it turned out so much better than I planned that I hope to do it again last year.

+copy2.jpg)
3 comments:
That would have been a treat to hear Lucy sing in r.s. She has a beautiful voice!
And I must say you are much more ambitious that I making homemade gingerbread trains. They turned out really cute. Glad you had a good Christmas!
That quilt turned out great! You have some major talent! All of your events look like fun. Even your homemade gingerbread train (which I don't think I will ever attempt).
Fun to see all your Christmas pics!
Post a Comment