On Saturday Jason and I are throwing a Christmas party. Unfortunately our ward is having a convert baptism at the same time. When they announced it at church yesterday I was torn because Jason and Jonah have helped the missionaries in several discussions with this family. The mom is a member who has reactivated herself. Her 10 year old son was baptized a few weeks ago and Jonah and I were the speakers. We really want to support this family. I was so pleased when my friend Kari Ann, who is the YW president asked me what we should do. The girl who is getting baptized is a young woman so Kari Ann really needs to attend. We decided that we would have dinner at our house and then go to the baptism. We will then come back to our house for dessert and games. A little unusual but I feel so much better now that I've made the decision.Yesterday in Relief Society I overheard Lucy inviting her visiting teachee to meet at McDonalds for a play date. This woman is new in our ward and feeling alittle down lately and I was so impressed by Lucy's kindness, especially when I know how busy she is right now. Speaking of Relief Society our lesson was based on this book. The book had nice artwork and good message about keeping our lamps full. It would make a good girlfriend gift.
The highlight of yesterday was the first presidency Christmas devotional. I thought it was so good I watched it twice in a row. I was particulary impressed by the instruction to show kindness one to another this Christmas season. After listening to the messages, and inspired by the kindness of Lucy and Kariann I thought it would be fun to replace the gift giving at our Christmas part with gifts of service. I hope that I'm not too overzealous, but I'm really enjoying the true spirit of Christmas this year.
On a more wordly note I decided to splurge and buy one of these tees to wear to my Christmas party. I ordered it today and I hope it arrives in time. If you love Shade clothing check out their new basic black line. My friend Kelly is the sister-in-law of the founder of Shade. She just visited her while in Utah for Thanksgiving and told me the basic black dresses are to die for.
After all my enthusiasm for doing good this Christmas season I sure had a rough day. My Visiting Teachers were supposed to arrive at noon but didn't arrive until 12:45, totally messing up my naps for the kids. I am very grumpy when Jack doesn't get a nap. My 1.5 hour break from his energy is all that gets me through the day. Without it my fuse is short, but it's been short all day anyway. Mondays are always tough, especially after a nice relaxing weekend.

+copy2.jpg)
3 comments:
You invitations turned out nice. Love the twist part and how cool to incooperate both events with it.
Okay I think I probably have spent about $300 or more through Shade. I love those things!! Sadly, its all I wear. I did look at the line of new dresses but found them to be pricey. Have you seen them? They do look nice.
Sorry to hear about Jack's nap. I know how that goes. No break for me means EXTRA grumpy mom.
What a great way to support this family in your ward! Going to a baptism with friends sounds so fun to me . . . wish we were going to be in town. We have 4 Christmas events we're missing this weekend and yours is by far the one I'm the most sad about!
See what happens when we don't talk all day? I know nothing!!! I love your idea for the party. A great mix of indulgence and truly celebrating Christmas. You're awesome.
Post a Comment