Sunday, December 03, 2006

Long Time, No Blog






It's amazing how fast the days fly by, especially now that we have officially kicked off the holiday season. I've spent the past week spinning my wheels, taking one step forward and two steps back. This has been the busiest week. Sunday afternoon we were hit with a snowstorm. We came out of church to find our car covered in snow. Emma insisted we have a sledding party on Monday after school, so I let all the kids invite some friends. It was great fun complete with cookies and hot chocolate. The kids are loving sledding this year.

Every year our stake does a creche festival where everyone across the stake takes their nativity sets to the church where they are displayed. Our stake does a top notch job displaying the nativity sets and it's a really cool event, but it's a lot of work. I didn't have to do a thing but for some reason I found myself over at the church four nights in a row. On Monday I took my sets and Jason's mom's sets. On Tuesday I took Eli and Emma's sets over (I should have taken a picture, they made them out of model magic) and on Wednesday I took Jonah's set over. On Thursday I volunteered in the children's area. Tonight we went to dinner with some friends and then visited the Creche. This event is really such a nice way to remember why we celebrate Christmas. Tomorrow we will take the kids after church.
It has taken me the whole week to decorate for Christmas. I had the little girls make these ornaments. They are so proud of them and were thrilled to hang them on the tree.


Here is a picture of our tree. The decorations have already been rearranged several times. ha ha ha. I am cherishing this time because when I reach the point that the tree stays perfect for the month of December it will mean I no longer have little kids who love the magic of Christmas. We are already having so much fun this year. My oldest is still barely young enough to enjoy the magic and my youngest is old enough to be excited. They all think it's taking too long and we have at least five different advent calendars going.
I am feeling the pressure of Christmas coming fast and I've been frustrated this week trying to stay on schedule to complete all I have to do before the big day. On Thursday Lucy and I went to the mall to let the little kids play in a new play area. I had brought one of my projects to work on but didn't accomplish much. After Lucy left I decided to put my kids in the drop in daycare and work on my project. I sat on a bench in the middle of the mall and worked away for an hour. I can only imagine what people thought of me. It was a great hour.

2 comments:

jethrojones said...

Andrea, isn't it funny how Christmas takes forever to get here for the kids, but comes by too soon for the adults?

Lucy said...

Love your tree, love the ornaments and love the sledding photos. That was very ambitious of you to have that many kids with the potential to whine about being cold. Seth had a ball. I need to get him warmer boots though. Those rainboots just don't do the job.

cjanerun