Today my little Lily turned 4. I have so much I want to write about but it will have to wait until later when all the kids are asleep. We love her so much and I'm so excited she was able to have such a great birthday. It's hard having it so close to Christmas. I considered waiting until January but at her age that's a long time to wait.
We decided on a ladybug theme which was so easy. I got all my ideas from Family Fun magazine.
I've let go of wanting to do everything myself and let Lily and Anna decorate the cake. I did the frosting and they put the junior mints on.





I just did some quick math and realized that I've done over 30 birthday parties since Eli's first birthday party 11 years ago.
I had planned on getting everything done last night but Jason and I ended up going over to his parents house until almost midnight. When I woke up this morning the house was a wreck and I had to make 12 ladybug beanbags for our game. Luckily today was Lisa's day to come and instead of doing laundry she helped me with the party prep. Thank goodness for Lisa! I wish I could have her everyday. It is truly what I need. But once a week will have to do.
I had the kids make these ladybug beanbags for a craft and then we did a beanbag toss with them.
Lily invited six friends. We were so glad everyone could make it. Things went well but I have to admit I was glad when it was all over!
In the next 6 months I have five more parties! Anybody have great ideas for fun birthday parties?

+copy2.jpg)
3 comments:
Thank you for inviting my boys. Sammy had a ball and I don't know what Seth's deal was. I hope Emma's feelings weren't hurt. Um....he's really into football? That's all I have as an excuse.
The party looks like it turned out great. Lily is looking so grown up. It is a true pleasure knowing her and watching her learn. She is a gift.
Your cake looks so cute. I have just quit being a "fun" mom and resorted to kid places to do birthdays. I guess I am a bit lazy. Or am I just getting old?
What a fun party theme. Family fun has great ideas.
I love that picture of Natalie and Lily. Lily has the perfect birthday, it's during winter break when everyone is looking for something fun do to. You didn't let them down!
Post a Comment