I feel like my summer is very ho-hum. Nothing much going on, just the same little routine every day. Every morning at 9:00 carrie shows up. We usually do a little chore together and straighten the house.
Today I took Emma on a little date to the library. We weren't very successful in finding any books for her. She has discovered a series that my boys loved and that we collected, Marvin Redpost by Louis Sachar. She thinks they are hilarious and can read them so quickly. She wanted to find the two we don't have and they were checked out. After the library we went to the dollar store. Emma has been begging for a calculator and I figured the dollar store would be the best place to make such a purchase.
After our date I went and picked up friends for the boys. Our friends the Hubers just returned from China with their new little girl so I've had their boys over so their mom can concentrate on the little ones. When I picked up their boys today Alice had both girls competing for her attention. It is such a familiar scene to me and one I am glad we are growing out of.
I decided I should do the grocery shopping for the week and went to the grocery store and Costco. It feels good to have that accomplished. My kids are going through our food so quickly. I can't keep up. I swear I go to the grocery store every other day. Last thursday I bought 12 boxes of cereal and we're almost out.
I have also spent quite a bit of time on the phone connecting with my friends. I talked to Carolyn twice in the tri-cities, Lucy in Utah, Kelly, Betsy in Oregon, KariAnn, who just got back after being out of town for three weeks, and Lara who I haven't talked to in awhile. It feels so good to chat with all my girls.
The days are flying by. I wish I could put the brakes on August. July seemed like the longest month. We did so much but time didn't seem to slip through my fingers like it is this month.

+copy2.jpg)
11 comments:
I'm sure the Hubers appreciate you SO much. You are one of the most thoughtful people I know. And, thanks for making my drive back to Spokane today go a lot quicker.
Do you ever wonder if you had to go through your last two years so that you could have empathy for the families like the Hubers and help them through their transition? I mean, who else could possibly understand their situation? I think it's great that you reached out to them that way.
It's always fun to talk to you on the phone! I've never talked to anyone on the phone with such ease. You always keep the conversation going!:)
I feel the same way! When school gets out I am always anxious about how I am going to keep the kids entertained and then August comes and I realize it is all going too fast.
You are a thoughtful friend. I'm sure the Hubers were so grateful that you took their boys for a few days while they were gone.
I hear you on the grocery store! I live there as well. And since Jared has had football I currently live at the sports store.
We have been slightly boring here as well. I am needing a blogging topic these days!
Sounds like you have quite a lot going on! We only have two kids, I know we go through groceries quickly too. Although, for me, I think it's because I am awful about remembering everything we need, or I forget my list - It's happened more than once!
I just had to say hello. after spending the past two weeks in the mountains it sealed the deal for me that I must live somewhere with no humidity. my husband is thrilled and we have spent the past few days looking at real estate in Spokane - even though it is far off it has got us excited about the possibilities.
hope you have a great rest of the summer.
After my last few weeks I am so into "ho hum"!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I can just quietly enjoy the rest of August.
Part of me wants August to last forever - so Chris is still home and just hang out with the kids. But part of me can't wait for it to be done - Halle to get her picc out and for the noise level to go down for at least a few hours every day.
Book club was great. It was fun to have Betsy there too.
I feel the oposite about summer. I think it goes so fast UNTIL August, which is one of the longest months of the year. We are so ready for school to start!!
just found your blog, thought I;d say Hi!
Michelle
Andrea,
When do your kids go back to school? Are things winding down?
Anne
Andrea,
I understand completely about how August is just slipping by. I can't believe it's almost over. I'm sure Alice is glad to have someone like you who understands what she is going through
Your date with Emma sound like fun. I just love to go out with my kids one on one.
Post a Comment