Monday, August 27, 2007
The Streaker
Today as a last hurrah for summer we attended Silverwood, our local amusement park. I didn't notice it much last year but this year I realized that there are literally 4 rides in the entire park that my two youngest kids can go on. One of them is a mini roller coaster that goes about 10 miles per hour in a little circle. For some reason it has a height restriction that the rider must be 42 inches or be accompanied by an adult. Small problem. I have two kids that are just a hair under 42 inches and there's only one of me. (Jason was off with the big kids on all the fast, scary rides). I tried to talk the lady into letting us on, telling her that my kids are petite little Chinese things. We'll be lucky if Jack reaches 5'4". They are small, but they have more core body strength than most people and can withstand the whiplash of the kiddie roller coaster and for crying out loud I'd be on the roller coaster with both of them, but I could only sit by one. Luckily someone volunteered to ride with Lily and we didn't have to miss the ride. Just moments after that we were playing in a little kid playground with gravel on the ground. Jack was having the time of his life throwing the little rocks at Lily. Some kind lady just couldn't stand to watch it and told Jack to stop throwing rocks. I gave the lady a look that said, "Can you believe those kids?" but didn't do a thing to intervene. I had a quiet funny moment as her eyes darted around the playground searching for the parent of the two little hellions. After making her suffer for a few minutes I walked over and gave Jack a hug. At that moment Lily let me know she had to go to the bathroom NOW. I dragged all three kids from their fun and searched for the nearest bathroom. I ordered each of them into a stall and went in with Lily to supervise her. Jack was next to me and Anna was in the next stall. I glanced down at the floor and saw a pair of denim shorts, navy blue keens, and Mater underwear lying in a heap. Unfortunately there were no little Jack feet in that stall. Oh no. I tore out of the very public restroom shouting for Jack. He was outside in his bare bum trying to get a drink from the drinking fountain. All of this happened in our first hour of our 9 hour day at the amusement park. The other half of our family who can enjoy ALL the rides this fine establishment has to offer had the time of their lives. On the way home Jonah thanked me over and over again for taking him and said he had the best day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

+copy2.jpg)
14 comments:
I could see your day all so vividly in my head!!!!!!
We are frequent visitors of the park as Herm and Jeraldine buy passes for the kids for their b-days every year.
There are several times when I have taken them by myself. My problem is I get sick on everything so when they go with me they only get to do the rides they can do by themselves. I'm the not so much fun mommy.
Love that you had some fun with that lady!!!!
Oh, the stories you will have to tell about Jack when he is older!!!!
Sounds like a fun day! I love how you messed with that lady! You are so quick at stuff like that!
Anne
That is SO funny. I had a streaking experience at the kids elementary school the other day. Weston told me he had to go to the bathroom. I told him I would take him in a minute and the next thing I know he was running back into the classroom holding his shoes, shorts and undies saying I JUST WASHED MY HANDS AND WENT POTTY MOMMY. Needless to say, the teacher got a good laugh out of it.
Sounds like a great way to end the summer!
Oh Andrea, that is funny.
Jack is the coolest kid!! You are going to have quite a laugh looking back on all his adventures...although his stripping down at the book fair is my all-time favorite.
You are such a fun mom to take all the kids to Silverwood!! Impressive.
Jack the streaker! Hilarous. I'm sorry you have to live through stuff like that but it sure does make the day of everone else, so thanks for that!
Jack and his streaking ways. Awesome. Look how far you've come from the first time he stripped in public. There is no flustering you now!
Silverwood. Four rides. last year. I know.
I love Jack!!!!! So funny, but I can only imagine your horror!!!
I am so impressed that you would take all the kids to Silverwood - even the little ones. I would be SO tempted to send my husband with the older kids and sit in my air conditioned house. You are an awesome mom!
All of that in the first hour! Whoa. You're a well-seasoned pro at handling 6 kids if you managed to stay for another 8 hours!
Oh how I have missed the Andrea and kids fix! Love the streaker image...HOw sweet that he just wanted water. :)
Looking forward to reading more about your summer. I was on a break - longer than I expected but slowly jumping back in...
Hope you are well!
I could relate to very bit of this! My middle is six but very small and like your kids, very strong. We've put her in her highest heeled shoes before going to the amusement park. It worked about half the time and always annoyed me when it didn't.
My boy is nine, NINE, and we still have to remind him to close the door when using the restroom. He did it just the other day while the missionaries were over for dinner. The bathroom is visable from the dining room!
And finally, NOTHING bugs me more than when someone else, especially a stranger, parents my child! I love the way you handled it.
cute story!! Sounds like you had a great day at the park :o)
Oh that is too cute! Having been there before, I could just picture it! Just came across your blog, I will come back and read more!
Post a Comment