Thursday, August 02, 2007

A Romantic Getaway






It's not easy for Jason and I to leave the kids so we try and get away within Spokane as often as possible. Lucy knows this and when she moved to SLC she graciously gave us a gift card (that she and Jay were unable to use before they moved) to our favorite hotel, The Davenport. Our friend is the director of marketing and he arranged to upgrade our room to a suite so we are very comfortable.




The highlight of the evening came when room service knocked on the door. We were just getting ready to head out for dinner and I had just stepped out of the shower. When I heard the knock at the door I quickly stepped into the bedroom and depended on Jason to handle our visitor. Next thing I know Jason is opening the door to the bedroom because he needed to tip the guy and needed money from my purse. Imagine my horror as I made eye contact with the room service guy. I guess he got a little extra tip.




12 comments:

Lucy said...

How funny! I hope your night was everything you needed and more. I love the Davenport! And it looks like you got to enjoy another night in the safari. I hope you got Jason to do some poses on the chaise lounge too!

Kristin said...

I LOVE the Davenport Towers. I hope your night was eventful!! ;) Not counting the room service guy!!

Where did you go to dinner?

andrea said...

Lucy, I did get a picture of Jason on the leopard print. It was very wierd being there after our book group.

Kristin, We went to PF Changs. I was very disappointed this time. I wish we would have gone to Linnie's Thai.

jenny said...

At least you won't have to worry about seeing the room service guy anymore. :) So sweet of them to give up their gift certificate.

Lara said...

Wow, looks like a great place to relax. And how fun not to have kids around! I think that is where Chris and I are planning to go for our 10th anniversary this year.

Unknown said...

just stopping by to say hello. love your room service guy story. could have been a totally awkward moment, i'm sure...

Carolyn said...

Matt is so great! I'm glad you guys had a nice "get-away." It's amazing how just a night away can totally rejuvinate you. Sorry about the room service guy. Oops!

Kelly said...

It sounds so great, what a treat!

I like the romantic title then the first picture is you with the laptop. Yeah, we all have our passions.

[alisar] said...

I hope you weren't blogging on your romantic getaway :) Looks like fun. You always seem to have your priorities right.

Denise said...

Hee! Hee! Mr. Room Service had a fun story to tell his friends that night. It's nice to know you're a generous tipper.

Still giggling.

jenny said...

I am so glad you added in the photos. I had to laugh though because the romantic getaway included the computer :)

Michelle Alley said...

So great you guys got to get away for bit. So fun!

cjanerun