For most of the summer I've been unaware as to what day of the month it was. I was so shocked today to discover that it's August 1st. Where has the summer gone? It is all going by so quickly. I had so many good mom moments I wanted to achieve this summer that are still undone. At least we have spent lots of family time at the lake, more than usual.
Today was a great day because my babysitter/mother's helper Carrie returned after a ten day vacation. We have really been floundering without her. I was so happy to see her this morning. We did laundry together and then I mopped the floors. I was also able to do my grocery shopping. While out shopping I took Emma to buy a birthday present for a party she has been invited to on Friday. She had just received her allowance and I told her she would have to use some of that money to buy the present. She threw a fit and said she wasn't going to the party if she had to buy the present with her own money. It was a very tense moment as the cashier looked on. I didn't handle it very well and she and I fought back and forth over who would give the cashier the money. Emma finally threw it at the lady and then refused the change. All my other kids love the chance to spend money but obviously not Emma.
After all the chores were done we decided to go to the lake to cool off. Jason's brother has the cabin this week and has invited us to come out several times. Chris is great to the kids and takes them on lots of jet ski rides. Jason's parents and another brother were there too and it was fun for Jason's parents to see the kids and all they have learned this summer. Jason came out after work and we took all the kids skiing and wakeskating. Emma has mastered the wakeskate by herself and Jack and Anna love to go on it with Jason. I forgot my camera tonight so I will take pictures next time we are boating.
I'm so sad to see the summer wind down. I know August will fly by way too fast.

+copy2.jpg)
6 comments:
Tell me about it! July went too fast for me! 2 weeks in Utah, 1 week in Alaska and 1 week in the hospital. I am going to need all of August just to recover.
I know how you feel! Our summer is pretty much over as we have started school (but the kids were excited about that!) We have one more "fling" on Labor Day weekend, and then it will be school, school, school until Christmas! ;o)
Anne
I know!! I was a little depressed as I flipped the calendar.
At least you still have summer. I only have heat. There is a difference:)
I love August! Best month of the year:)
Summer has flown. However I fear August may drag for me since my kids don't start school until the 27th. Boo hoo for me.
I want your helper! She sounds fabulous. How nice to have a lake close by to go in.
Hmmmm I wonder why Lucy likes August. Could it be the 11th to be exact? :)
Team Emma! You drive a hard bargain!
This is the first year our school district starts late in August instead of the first week. I feel like every day is a gift because it is so unusual to still be on vacation this late in the year. Good times!
Post a Comment