Sunday, August 05, 2007

Another Day at the Lake

I got up bright and early Saturday morning for my presidency meeting and stake baptism. On the way home I called Jason and asked if he thought we should go to the lake. He said he had the kids dressed and ready to go so we took off even though it was cooler and a little breezy. By the time we got there the sun had come out and we were able to find some good spots on the river to ski. We had such a great time. All the kids have gotten braver and the little kids love to go on the wakeskate with Jason. Jonah tried slalom skiing for the first time and almost has it down. He wanted to keep trying but we made him quit because he was getting tired. It's hard to believe the summer is winding down so we are taking advantage of every spare moment to spend in the water. Here are some pictures of the day:
Notice how Lily is crying. She doesn't like it as much as the other kids.
Emma is an old pro now and would go all day long if we let her.
Anna is our surprise adventure girl this summer. She also would go again and again if Jason could handle it.
Jack loves it too!
Jonah
Jack eating an icecream cone. A well-deserved treat for a fun day at the lake.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

I think we missed the pivotal summer! I can't believe all of your kids are wakeskating and wakeboarding. They are so cute out there with Jason!

Sounds like you are really maximizing your summer. Way to go.

Kristin said...

You guys sound like us! We are trying to spend every possible day at the lake as well. That picture of Jack with the ice cream cone is so darn cute!!

jenny said...

Is that from Dairy Queen? Those are my favorite dipped cones, but my favorite are the cherry ones. You gotta live up the lake until school starts right?

Lara said...

What great pictures. I can't believe summer is coming to an end either. But at the same time I can't wait for school to start - I really miss a little piece and quiet during the day.

Kelly said...

Wow what talented kids! That looks so awesome. I love how Jason had the kids all dressed and ready to go, and you were just calling to ask what he thought about the idea.

[alisar] said...

Your kids rock at skiing! I am so totally impressed. What good fun (and exercise!)

Rebecca said...

I love that when it comes to the lake you and Jason think alike!

cjanerun