It's hard to believe its only been two days here at the foster home. Today was near perfect as we are all feeling really at home here. We've gotten to know the babies better today and it's amazing how quickly we're getting attached to them. They are all so cute and so individual.
We woke up this morning, just as our families were getting home from church. I am blown away by the miracle of my iPad and FaceTime. It's been so fun to give Jason and the kids a tour of the foster home and to show them some of the kids. It was a great way to start the day.
The kids here at the foster home were all up and playing in the courtyard when we came out of our bedroom. We spent the entire morning playing with them and we loved it. It is impossible to describe how special these children are. As I held them and loved them I thought of all the hugs I didn't get to give Lily and Jack, especially when they were suffering and I held those kids tighter. A couple fell asleep in my arms and it was the best feeling. I couldn't help but think of the adoptive parents who are out their waiting to get through all the paperwork to get their kids. I was grateful for the millionth time for Dr. Huang who took such great care of Lily and Jack and for the moms who made such a difference at their orphanage and literally made it possible for them to be adopted. I am reminded again of the miracle of it all. I hope that when we go home we don't forget these kids and we can work to make a difference for them.
Our kids are doing great working and interacting with the kids here. Kelly and I did several more loads of laundry and organized a large storage room. We are loving going through all the tiny clothes.
Today we had a nice surprise from a mother/daughter that showed up to volunteer for the day. They are from England and recently moved to Xian. The daughter is adopted Chinese (scroll through my posts to find a picture) and an only child. She and her mother both have a passion for China and LĂȘ Chen, the 12 year old daughter speaks fluent Mandarin and takes the bus all over the city. She would love to find her birth mother. Kelly and I had a fascinating discussion with Carolyn, the mother, on the ins and outs of adoption.
Tomorrow we get to do it all over again.
I did several individual posts with pictures from my phone. Scroll down to read them all.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

+copy2.jpg)
2 comments:
I just love all of your posts. It is great that you all get to have this great experience in China. I am glad you are sharing it with us.
l guess they have a woderful chinese fransice in China. l have to laugh at my self when lilly was adopted l told Eli he had to learn chnese. well he did and look at what he is getting from it. l hope he gets to serve a mission in China. love all the posts.
Post a Comment