It's been our plan for awhile to take Eli to China sometime during his junior year. And once Lily heard we were going she wasn't going to miss it. We had always planned to volunteer at the Starfish Foster Home but right as we were making our plans to go, Amanda, the director of the foster home was diagnosed with cancer and had to take a leave of absence while she received cancer treatments. For a time, starfish suspended volunteers and so we weren't sure what to do. We had a really good other option but I knew for Lily it would be so great to volunteer with kids.
Meanwhile, my friend Kelly's parents are serving a mission in Hong Kong and she wanted to visit them while they were there. Her original plan was to go in the fall but then they decided spring would be better. One day we were talking and both of us had major apprehension of making our separate trips. Neither of us were sure what we wanted to do. Kelly, who had also planned to volunteer at Starfish had just received notice that they were taking volunteers. In a matter of hours we decided to take the trip together. Kelly and tony had wanted to leave on June 5th and when I pulled out my calendar I had earlier written "China" on June 5th.
We are so excited to be on this trip together. Kelly and I traveled together to China in September 2005 so this is a repeat--this time with a husband and a few kids tagging along. I am thankful to have Dr. Tony along with us.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

+copy2.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment