Saturday, June 30, 2012

9




Today Jack turned 9 and I can't believe my youngest is 9. It was a great, amazing day. We started off on a bad note as I was trying to leave the house by 8:00 this morning to head up to PALS camp which is for all the youth ages 16-17 in our stake. Jason found out yesterday that he had a 7:30 am meeting in Seattle so he unexpectedly left last night. I was scrambling this morning to make sure all the kids were ready for their camps they are attending this week before I left. Jack was so excited it was his birthday until he realized he could only find one shoe. His frustration level rose and so did mine. We looked everywhere for 20 minutes (starting at 8:00 when I was supposed to be out the door). There was no way I could leave jack in that condition so I got on my knees to pray. I was so cranky when I started my prayer but in honor of Jacks birthday I expressed gratitude for him and luckily my heart softened toward him. Before I could even get off my knees I left up the corner of my quilt on my bed and right underneath it was Jack's shoe. He had slept with me last night since Jason was gone so he had put his pjs on in my room and somehow his shoe was under the corner of the quilt.

Anyway, Jack's celebration started when I picked him up from basketball camp and we headed to the lake of course.


Jason got him a new wakeboard for his birthday and he was so excited. He didn't end up using it tonight because he already had his heart set on tubing with his friend Zane who came to celebrate with us.








I had planned the day with


Jack earlier in the week and he handled everything (except the missing shoe) like a champ. It was very appropriate that I got to speak on adoption today up at PALS camp. I spent a lot of time over the past week pondering the life lessons I have learned from our adoptions so my feelings toward Jack were very tender today. I spent a lot of time looking at pictures and I can't believe how far Jack has come in his 9 years of life.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

cjanerun