Thursday, November 27, 2008

We Gather Together

I saw this cute paper tablecloth on Martha Stewart's website. I thought it was adorable. I still have it on the table because I don't have the heart to remove it yet. Lily cut out all the turkey silhuoettes while the other kids made the gratitude tree.


The highlight of the day was inheriting my mom's china and silver. It is now put away in my cupboard and I can't wait to use it again.

Thanksgiving was spent in the company of some of our favorite people. We had my mom, Jason's parents, Jason's brother Loren and wife Lynnette, our niece Tia and her fiance, Dave, Tia's son Maverick, our nephew-in-law, Nate and Lucas. Cherise was home recovering from just having a baby. At the last minute we added the missionaries to the guest list. We had just enough room for an adult table and the kids table. We put the kids in the dining room and we were in the kitchen. I was spent by the time we finished eating and a little disappointed. How is it that a meal that took three days to prepare was over and done with in thirty minutes? I decided to light the candles on the kid table. Jack spent most of the meal roasting his food over the flames. Just as I was finally able to sit down and eat he decided to light his napkin on fire causing a little scare at the kids table. Everything went as well as we could hope for. The kids all had a great time with their little cousins. After everyone left we introduced my mom to the Wii fit and then we put the little kids to bed and watched and James Bond movie with Eli and Jonah.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

You know I'm laughing about the fire. Classic! I love seeing pictures of your beautiful house. You are such a gracious host and we'll always have fond memories of all the great events you invited us too. So glad you had a great Thanksgiving.

Staci said...

Love the turkey tablecloth. Such a cute idea for the kids table.

cjanerun