- Warmest Halloween ever and I mean ever. Not even as a child do I recall trick or treating in such balmy conditions. The kids didn't even wear coats, my fingers never froze and my nose never ran. It was pure bliss.
- A year's supply of candy. Yes siree, among the six children we collected enough candy to last us for a year if need be. Much to the children's chagrin after one day I could take it no longer. I confiscated all the candy and sorted the chocolate from the sugary stuff and organized it into gallon size ziploc bags. There are now 12 of them sitting in storage.
- Getting together with friends. We met up at the trunk or treat where the kids were able to see everyone they knew. Then we went to the Zorich's neighborhood. Eli and Jonah went off on their own with their friends. Everyone had a buddy to share the excitement.
- SIMPLIFY--I kept things simple this year telling the kids to pick whatever was in the dress up box and use it. Eli was plaid man, defender of Scotland, Jonah was a dude with a beard, Emma was a witch, Anna was a pirate, Lily was a witch and Jack was a lizard. I also only made a brief appearance at the school where I had no responsibility and the things I donated to the kids classroom all came from my pantry with the exception of paper bags that I bought for Anna's class. This simple Halloween is in huge contrast to year's past and I loved just enjoying the day.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Halloween Highlights
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

+copy2.jpg)
4 comments:
This really is the season of you! You know you've arrived when even Halloween is easy, congrats.
And I can not imagine the candy haul with six kids. Only Jack and Quincy trick or treated this year and I feel like candy is pouring from everywhere! Bagging it and putting it in storage wouldn't do me any good, I know where the storage is.
Yeah, for warm and simple Halloweens!
Boo, for ticket happy cops!!!!!
Everyone looks so great! Love the picture.
we had a creative (read: low cost, low key) halloween, too.
it was wonderful.
love seeing your cuties.
Post a Comment