

Anna said, "I love this place" as we walked into the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was our first stop when we arrived this afternoon in SLC.
We had arranged to meet the daughter of a family we met while we were in Brazil earlier this year. She was delightful and it was fun to meet her in person. While we were waiting to meet her we took a tour of the Beehive house.
This was one of my favorite places to visit as a pioneer loving girl so I was excited to take the kids. While Jason talked to our Brazilian friend I took the kids to the 10th floor to enjoy the view of the temple.
We had arranged to meet the daughter of a family we met while we were in Brazil earlier this year. She was delightful and it was fun to meet her in person. While we were waiting to meet her we took a tour of the Beehive house.
This was one of my favorite places to visit as a pioneer loving girl so I was excited to take the kids. While Jason talked to our Brazilian friend I took the kids to the 10th floor to enjoy the view of the temple. 
Temple square was very quiet today. I was actually surprised that there were no protesters over prop 8. But when we left this is what was taking place right where our car was parked. They had closed the street as the hazmat team responded to an envelope containing white powder that was delivered to an office adjacent to the temple. According to the Deseret News the LA temple also received a similar envelope today.


From downtown we went to visit some of our dearest friends. When we were fresh out of BYU we moved to Portland and lived in an apartment complex where several dental students were living. It was so fun and we all had little kids together. We have lots of great memories with Alan and Becci so it was fun to see them. Becci made us a great dinner and we had fun catching up.
Today just happened to be my Granddad's 86th birthday. We were able to surprise him by showing up for his birthday party. 
I loved seeing my grandparents and several of my aunts and uncles too. We have a great family.
This is what is so great about a visit to Utah, lots of family, friends and faith.

+copy2.jpg)
4 comments:
I just left SLC today! ;o)
Wow. You totally wouldn't have had time to see me anyway. You know, I'm only 6 1/2 hours away. Don't you want to pack all those kids in the burban and come a little farther? :)
looks like a lot of fun. good luck on your trip home
love
anandad
My mom was surprised to see you there too. I hope you had a fun trip to SLC. I'm sure granddaddy was excited you could be there for his birthday.
Post a Comment