Wednesday, November 12, 2008

On The Road

Having a good dinner to start off our trip

Oh, the joys of the road. We're on our way to SLC and stopped for the night in Dillon, Montana, our halfway point. We only have 6 of us on this trip. We left the boys home with my mom. They seemed pretty excited to have the house to themselves.

Emma all cozied up with her blanket and stuffy


We stopped for gas and dinner in Coeur d'Alene and it was the wierdest thing gassing up--I had to take a picture of it. Hard to imagine that just a couple of months ago it cost $125 to fill my tank. It feels almost free. This wasn't full, but about 3/4 of a tank.

The trip went well. Jack fell asleep about and hour into the drive and slept until the hotel. About 15 minutes into the trip Anna asked how much time was left and continued to ask about every 10 minutes until we pulled into our hotel. She was the only one who didn't fall asleep. Now the kids are nestled in their beds, resting up for our drive tomorrow.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Natalie's missing Anna already . . . . BTW, the girls are buying a turkey. ;-)

Lucy said...

Have a great trip! I almost got excited thinking you were coming to my town, but then remembered i moved. Hope the wedding is fabulous!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Oh we have spent many a night at the Dillon Comfort Inn! Now we can drive straight through. I don't miss it much. But I don't like the drive much either. Enjoy the vacation!! Our big boys LOVE staying home too. They're actually sad when we come home. I probably shouldn't admit that.

cjanerun