We bought this book for Jason's dad for Father's Day but before we gave it to him Jason and I both read it. Because it is written by an investigative reporter it reads like a long article and is a very fast read on an interesting topic.Among those highlighted are the CEO's or CFO's of JetBlue, Deloitte & Touche, Dell, American Express and the president of Harvard. It's amazing to see how they have reached the pinnacle of success in their business careers and personal life and how their membership in the church has shaped them to be incredible business leaders. All have remained faithful to their wives, they don't work on Sundays, they follow the word of wisdom, have served missions, are faithful tithe payers, and all have served as bishops, many while serving as CEO's.
The most interesting part of the book was a recap of the events following 9/11. Three of the CEO's and their companies were greatly impacted and all three emerged from the tragedy stronger than before.
This was a very inspirational book, motivating me to step it up in some areas of my life.

+copy2.jpg)
10 comments:
Doug read a book sorta similiar to it, but it dealt with the successful big wigs and their testimony. I would be interested to read it.
I love that you read it before giving it away--smart! :)
I've wondered if that was a good book & now want to buy it for sure. Thanks for sharing!
I loved your review. Andrew and I are reading this book too. More like he's reading it and when he gets to a good part he says, "Carolyn, you've got to come read this." I loved the part about how they've all had "time consuming" callings in addition to their "time consuming" jobs. It's amazing how the Lord blesses us to be able to do what seems humanly impossible.
Sounds interesting. We recieved some letter a while back to attend a seminar based on this book. I guess now I have to add yet another book to my reading list. Man, I better live a long time!!!!
Devin's copy is still unread. It is next after Hey Whipple, Squeeze This, A Guide To Creating Great Ads. I'll let you know which one is the better read!
Wow. That review really makes me want to read this ook.
What a coinincidence! While Tyler and I were in the BYU book store we picked it up and perused it...unfortunately for us we didn't buy it. Darn!
It sounds good. Now that I'm an easterner, I'm becomming more appreciative of getting good press for our religion. No one knows who or what a Mormon is around here.
I'm about 99% sure I would never pick that book up on my own so appreciate your review. Sounds interesting.
I've seen this book a hundred times in the BYU bookstore and I keep wondering if I'd like it or not. Thanks for the review.
Post a Comment