Since we've returned from our vacation things have been a whirlwind. Right now the kids are in swimming lessons. It's amazing how 1.5 hours of swimming lessons can somehow seem to take the whole day.
Here are some highlights of my summer thus far:
- babysitter--I am so glad I hired a babysitter for the summer. She is coming 20 hours a week and I have been using her both to clean and babysit. While I take the kids to swimming I have a little list of chores and she's helping me stay on top of everything, especially the laundry. She loves the kids and they love her too. I've been able to take the big kids on some dates and spend some time just playing with the little kids in the backyard while Carrie folds laundry, etc. She is definitely making my to-do list a little shorter.
- Visit from Lucy and book group. Have I mentioned how much I love my book group. I'm so lucky to have this great group of friends and I'm so glad that Lucy was able to come back for one last book group.
- Birthdays--Jack celebrated his 4th birthday on June 28 and Jonah celebrated his today, July 3rd. Jack had such a great time and loved everything about it. It is only his 2nd birthday with us as his family and this year he truly "got" what it meant to have all the attention on him. I love our little boy so much and can't believe I get to be his mom!
- For Jonah's birthday we went to Red Robin where we got a free lunch and dessert for Jonah and they sang happy birthday to him. After lunch we went to Nordstrom where he picked out a pair of heely's. He chose to buy them with his allowance. We celebrated Jonah's birthday at the lake. Jonah got a new wakeboard for his birthday and invited three friends to go boating with us. It is the easiest birthday ever.
- We are trying to go the lake as often as possible and it takes priority over most everything else. We have such a short summer here in the northwest and want to enjoy it as much as possible.

+copy2.jpg)
5 comments:
Happy Birthday Jonah and Jack! (Jonah shares a birthday with Eric!) Glad your having such a great summer!
Wow...the lake looks so fun! Jonah sure has the eye of the tiger! Your summer is definitely off to a great start.
Happy Bday to your cute boys! Do you guys have a boat? I didn't know that! How awesomely fun!!!!! Enjoy your summer!
How fun to have a boat, and a babysitter. You are a lucky girl!
I agree the lake should take priority over everything. I mean really, you can fold laundry in the winter!
Post a Comment