Today we woke up to a winter wonderland. It snowed all night and the trees were all covered with snow. I had to go out early and take Jonah to a friends house and there were hardly any tracks in the snow. It was a wonderful experience driving on fresh snow. It only lasts for a moment then it is all black and grungy from traffic.
The kids all wanted to go sledding so I bundled everyone up and out they went. I totally lost it when literally 10 minutes later half of them were back in the house. The snow was very powdery so it didn't make for good sledding on our hill. They kept getting stuck. So Jason decided to give me a break and take them all to the YMCA. I needed it so much. I have all my stuff to list on ebay and it's impossible to do with my kids around. I am determined to get it all listed and out of my house so it was great to have a few hours to myself. I just uploaded all of my big girl sizes. My friend Rebecca came over and I helped her list some cute things as well. In return she ironed a bunch of stuff for me which was so helpful!! Thanks Rebecca. I can't believe how much I can get done in a quiet house with no interruptions. It was so great that when they came back I was energized and ready to spend time with the kids. It was even fun to cook dinner with Jack by my side. Since it's so cold and snowy I made a big pot of cheesy potato soup and some warm breadsticks.
Tonight Jason and I are getting together with some friends we don't see very often to play games. Tomorrow I have ward conference to attend and I have to visit two wards before their ward conference next week. I am going to be so tired by tomorrow night.

+copy2.jpg)
4 comments:
I also love the new snow. So beautiful. We finally got some snow this weekend. I can only imagine getting 6 kids ready and out the door, I think two is bad enough!! :) I'd love to know your ebay seller name. It'd be fun to check out your things. I have shopped on ebay, but have yet to sell anything. I also loved your idea for the kids lunches. Is that working well for you? It looked awesome. And guess what? I know your friend Charity from high school/post high school days. We were in the same stake. It was fun to find her blog through you, I haven't seen her in years. I love technology!! Have a great week!!
You can link to my ebay auctions on my sidebar. Charity is married to my husband's cousin. How fun that you know her. Did you grow up in Vancouver?
I hope you survived all your ward visits! I can't imagine sitting through that much church!
I'm glad you got some work done and hope you had fun with your friends. I wish my kids stayed outside longer too.
Post a Comment