Monday, January 08, 2007

Jesus Wants Me for A Sunbeam

Today was a milestone moment for our family as our youngest, Jack, went to his first day of primary. I have been so nervous because our ward hasn't brought any of the nursery kids into primary to break them in slowly. So today was truly a first. It was so sweet because his primary teacher met us when we walked into Sacrament meeting and gave him a little sun with his name on it. He held onto it all through sacrament meeting. I had Jason take him to sharing time because I was afraid if I went in he wouldn't want me to leave. I was actually doing an official visit to our ward primary with the stake primary presidency so I opted to go visit some senior primary classes during jr. primary. I told the rest of the presidency to keep their eye on Jack and they all reported that he did great. When I picked him up from class he was wearing his "I am a Child of God" crown and was so proud of it. He wore it most of the day.

Church has been our biggest struggle with him as he really has a hard time sitting through sacrament meeting. I have such a hard time with him and am literally exhausted after an hour of wrestling. Today we switched to church at 8:30 and I think that helped his behavior.

After church we came home and were able to get our three youngest to take naps. That meant a nap for Jason and I and I feel so rejuvenated. It was so nice to come home and have the day to relax and recover from our week. I think no matter what time we have church it's always nice for the change in January.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it cool that Sunbeams all over wore their little crown yesterday? It's a wonderful plan.

I worry a lot because my 11 year old is the only active boy his age, our ward doesn't have any Deacons right now and he'll be the only when he turns 12. But seeing all the Sunbeams appear on their mom's blogs reminds me it is a much bigger world. It's given me some hope to ponder.

Kristin said...

Congratulations Jack!! How fun. I'm glad that the 8:30 time is working well for you...I'm glad to see it go...I love it AFTER Church...lunch and naps! yay! But it's the dragging everyone out of bed and getting to the Church on time that was nearly impossible. Tyler would leave at 7:30 for early meetings and it would just be me getting everyone ready!!

jenny said...

I don't think ours wore crowns. So sad. Glad to hear your afternoon was relaxing and you got a nap. Way bonus! That is the beauty of early church. It's painful to get up, but makes a great afternoon.

Carolyn said...

8:30 is definitely better for our family. Adam spent the last half-hour of sacrament meeting sobbing and begging me to take him home to "Adam bed." He was sooo tired and he still had 2 hours of church to go!

Jack is such a cute Sunbeam!

cjanerun