One thing I am extremely grateful for is good friends. We are really blessed to know so many good people that we have a lot in common with. This weekend we went skiing with our friends Chad and Kari Ann. Jason has been taking the boys for years but this was the first time I ventured up with them. I didn't ski but plan to in the future, as soon as we get the little kids independent. Schweitzer is so beautiful because it has a breathtaking view of the lake down below. It was SO cold that we almost didn't go. I think it was 3 degrees when we arrived but it was sunny with no wind and we (except for Lily and Jack) never felt chilled. We bundled the kids up and headed out. Jason took Eli, Jonah and Emma and I took the three little kids to their lessons. They all did great. Lily and Anna quickly picked it up and Jack preferred to ski holding onto the pole his instructor was holding. Everyone had a great time and I was suprised how flawless the day was. Lily did get extremely cold at the very end of the day and freaked out crying which got Jack going but eventually they both calmed down after we got in the lodge. Luckily KariAnn (she's 8 months pregnant) carried all my ski stuff for me so I could help the sad Lily and Jack.



We were up early the next morning and got the kids outside to play. Again it was very cold but we were all bundled up and stayed warm. I tried snowshoeing for the first time and I loved it. Eli and Jonah had a great time too and I want to invest in snowshoes for our whole family. I think we could have a lot of fun going up to the mountains and hiking around. 





This trip gave me hope that I am coming out of the hard part of having my kids so close together. It was nice that the three youngest could all learn to ski together on the same day, it wasn't so nice for our pocketbook though. That is the way it will always be with them. Expenses times three.
After our fun ski day we headed back to Chad and KariAnn's new cabin. I have been dying to see it and it is so cute. It is so rustic and cozy and I loved it. The kids were all so tired and everyone grabbed a cozy blanket and snuggled up for a movie while we made pizza for dinner. afterwards Jason and Chad played a game of rummikub with Eli , Jonah and Reese while the girls played LIttlest Pet Shop up in the loft. KariAnn and I got the little boys down for the night. After all the kids went to bed we had a great time playing cards and talking.
It's so nice to have a getaway from the distractions of the world and enjoy nature, family and friends. It was a great weekend.
Speaking of great friends we ended the three day weekend by watching both nights of the 24 premiere with our friends Jay and Lucy. We are all huge 24 fans and it was so much fun to watch it with people who are as into it as we are. Lucy spoiled us with great snacks which made it even more fun.
On a completely random note I tried something new today. I went shopping for all of the kids' lunch stuff. I fight a constant battle with the little kids who want to eat it for snacks making us come up short in lunch supplies resulting in more trips to costco and more money spent. Today I decided to bag up everything I bought so the kids can just grab a bag every morning and make a sandwich. Here's what it looked like when we were all done.

+copy2.jpg)
12 comments:
Impressive lunch stuff. I loved seeing the pictures of your weekend. and thanks for coming over the last couple of nights for 24. It's way fun watching it with you guys.
What a fun weekend!! Such cute pictures! We are VERY into snowshoeing! It is fantastic...and cheap...family fun. All of us have snow shoes except Ailey who we pull in the sled. I like to pack a gourmet picnic (It's always about the food :)) and we pack those aluminum like solar blankets and spread them on the ground...and you've got yourself a picnic!
I'm impressed with your lunch bag idea!
Warning: long comment coming up!
What a beautiful day to be out playing in the snow, I'm sure it was freezing but the blue sky looks gorgeous!
The lunch thing is amazing, well done! When we were kids my mom put a tiny lock on one of the kitchen cupboards and she used it just for lunch supplies. Of course my brother made copies of the key and sold them to us. Yeah, we were punks!
I've never heard of crock pot liners, I'll have to look for them. Mine fits in the bottom shelf of the dishwasher, sometimes when I am particularly lazy I run the dishwasher twice to get the crockpot taken care of.
I got flylady's emails once but they were too overwhelming. I didn't know she did recipes too. I don't mind being overwhelmed by recipes!
Cute pics! I love all the kids in their snow suits. You and Jason looked cute too! I love the lunch sacks, that is a great idea.
Sounds like such a fun weekend. Your skiing pictures are so cute (I love those snow suits!)
What a great lunch idea. We have the same problem at our house. That's one thing I admire about you is you're always coming up with something new to make life easier.
Love Jason't BYU blanket. Also, kudos on the lunch bags. Do you feel like you are feeding an army? Wait until they are teenagers.
ok it just hit me your husband looks so familiar!!!!
was he at BYU?
duh... of course he was, you would not have made him the blanket.
but i recognize him and it was not from your last name, i don't think i knew his last name then. but i never forget a face (total curse) but i think we were in the same ward.
Looks like a fun, yet cold weekend. Isn't it funny how the cold never gets to the kids. I was amazed how much time my kids spent outside today. It was SO cold.
I have never tried snowshoeing, but would probably be interested in it. It must entail a major workout because skiing does!
Major impressed on the lunch assembly that idea is brillant...if I only had room to store the bags I might have tried it.
We had such a fun weekend. great memories. Your lunch idea looks like a good plan.
Snowshoes for the whole family is a great idea! We have them for everyone but the littles, and really enjoy them. They are so easy to throw in the car for a short trip but memorable trip!
I recognize your husband too! I danced with him at our BYU freshman orientation. That's just crazy!
Post a Comment