Wednesday, January 02, 2008

December in pictures

December came and went in a flash and I'm sad that I didn't document most of it. Here's a recap in pictures:


Holiday Piano Recital
I thought all the kids did great in their piano recital. Jonah played "We Wish You A Merry Christmas." Emma played, "Jolly Old St. Nicholas." Eli played, "Up on the Housetop." Notice Eli is wearing glasses. He got them just a few days before the recital. Braces are next.
Snow

We were blessed with the snowiest December I can remember. The kids took advantage every day sledding and building snowmen.

Our Awesome Sledding Hill



Oh, how I love this sledding hill. The kids go out everyday for a couple of hours. It's been such great entertainment.

Christmas

We had a great Christmas. We played some fun games on Christmas Eve and had Jason's parents and my mom over on Christmas Day. We ended the day by having a big family dinner at Jason's brother Loren's house. All of his kids were home for Christmas so it was fun to see everyone. Loren digitized all of Jason's families old home movies and we watched the DVD. It was so fun to see everyone as babies and little kids, skiing and going to the lake, all the fun traditions we still enjoy.
Skiing



Thanks to all the snow we've had a great ski season so far. I went for the first time in 14 years. All six kids are skiing indepently now so we have some fun Saturdays ahead of us. It's such a great family activity.
Lily's Birthday
Lily turned five on December 28. She opened her family presents in the morning and then had the best birthday party ever at Chuck E. Cheese that night.



New Years with our friends

We spent New Year's with our family friends. James and Betsy came from Oregon and we all stayed with Tony and Kelly. We headed to their house right after church on Sunday and then came back home to sleep. The next morning we headed up to the mountains for a fun ski trip with 15 kids. We didn't see each other the entire day--we were too busy chasing all our kids. That night it was back to Tony and Kelly's for New Year's Eve. I started feeling a tickle in my throat after we were done skiing. I snuggled Jack when he went to bed and fell asleep with him for two hours. I thought I was sore from skiing but the next morning Dr. Tony diagnosed me with the flu. I have been miserable. I spent all of New Year's Day in bed. We were such bad houseguests. Hopefully Tony and Kelly forgive me. I'm on the road to recovery now but still feel really weak. Not the way I'd planned on greeting 2008.

6 comments:

Anne said...

Happy Birthday Lily!! Don't ya love 5!!

Looks like December was fun, I'm sorry you got sick Andrea! The flu is no fun!

jenny said...

I need to convert all of our old videos to DVD. What a great present!

Lily's cake is amazing did you make that?? How fun that the kids are all now independently skiing. What a milestone. Bummers about getting sick--never fun.

Looks like you had a great Christmas and New Years.

Lara said...

Thank goodness for pictures!!!! It saves many a word.

Christmas and December probably wouldn't be the same if they weren't totally busy and somewhat stressed.

So, sorry you got sick. Hope you are on the mend!!!!!

Kristin said...

Sounds like lots of fun!! I'm jealous of all your ski days. I hope you are feeling better. :)

Reuel and Ana said...

Oh Andrea how the kids are growing. such great pictures. I love you all and thanks for the video call on Christmas day
love
Ana and Dad

Lucy said...

I LOVE all the pictures! Eli looks adorable in his glasses. And why did we have to miss the best snowy December? Hello! I love winter! Snow would have made all those grey days worth it:) Thankfully, you're getting a lot of sledding in. That hill would be a great blessing, indeed.

I'm sorry you're sick. That's not at all fair. If you can't talk, I hope you are getting something else fun.

cjanerun