Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Great Cause

Edited to announce:
Love Without Boundaries had the most unique donations and was awarded the $50,000 prize. This means that 10 children have had their lives changed forever!
"Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, to visit the fatherless and the widows in their affliction and to keep himself unspotted from the world." James 1:26



In July of 2003 an ordinary mom spoke to a congregation at a small church in Perry, Oklahoma. She was an adoptive mom and told the congregation of the needs of Chinese orphans. The congregation emptied their pockets and donated $3000.00. Part of that money went to pay for Lily to have life-changing surgery. Without the efforts of this ordinary mom Lily never would have joined our family. This mom had recently returned from a trip to China where she visited her daughter's orphanage. While there the orphanage doctor introduced her to a little baby boy who needed lifesaving heart surgery. She came home and was able to raise funds and heal the baby boy. She soon founded Love Without Boundaries and a few months later Love Without Boundaries paid for Jack to also have life-saving surgery enabling him to join our family. Words cannot express how grateful I am for kind strangers who had a heart for my children before I even knew of their existence.



Love Without Boundaries now has a fabulous opportunity to raise funds that will go to heal more children. Right now Facebook is hosting a giving challenge and the charity with the most *unique* donations by February 1st at 12 pm Pacific Standard Time will be awarded an additional $50,000! Here is what Love Without Boundaries Founder Amy Eldridge wrote about the challenge:



As I type this, I am staring at the photos of 12 babies who are hurting because they were born with heart disease. Their eyes truly haunt me, first because they are orphaned and as a mother it is hardto accept that any child has to be sick without a mom or dad to comfort them….but second because I know that without surgery, the pictures I have of these children might be their last. Do you know how small a baby's heart is? And how fragile an orphan's life is when that tiny heart has a defect? These pictures are of children who are blue, children who are tired, children who NEED OUR HELP. I also have on my desk the photos of children whose hearts we have healed. They stare out at me with pink cheeks and smiles, and inmany…with their new adoptive families. THIS is what it is all about. Saving lives, giving a second chance, and allowing a child to find their family and know complete love. In the next 24 hours we have a chance to give the GIFT OF LIFE to 10 more children in need. The charity with the most unique $10 donorsat 12 noon PST on February 1st will win $50,000. Heart surgery in China averages just $5000 per child, so with that prize….ten children can have a second chance at life.



How often do we spend $10 on things that last just a moment?$10 for two fancy coffees, $10 for a movie and popcorn, $10 for adinner out. How about for today, for the next 24 hours, we all find $10 for something that will last a LIFETIME. $10 to save ababy's life and allow a priceless child (who is orphaned and totally innocent) to get a second chance at finding a family to love them. Find just one friend in the next 24 hours, and encourage them to join our cause and donate. $10 for the life of a child. Of all the money you have spent this week….this might be the most important.Thank you EVERYONE for keeping LWB in the running for the top prize. We love our supporters and give thanks everyday for theamazing generosity, compassion, and kindness you show to those wholive as orphans each and every day. We truly are a family, boundtogether by the belief that every child born on this earth matters. Here's the link! http://apps.facebook.com/causes/view_cause/51591



Let's do it for the kids.



Amy

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thank you for the opportunity to donate to such a worthy cause.

Go LWB!!!

Lucy said...

I know how passionate you are about this. Thanks for sharing an opportunity to donate to something very worthwhile.

Lizza said...

Hi Andrea I got your blog from Andy and Kacey hope that's ok. I've only looked at a few times and I saw this entry. I started to cry thinking of those little ones. Thanks for sharing and for the oportunity to donate.
Lizza

Placeofspaceandgrace said...

Finally-I catch up on blogs. Now if we could just connect on the phone we could catch up on everything unbloggable. Have a great weekend--hi to the Rolands!
Kelly

Victoria said...

Thank you for sharing this, I always want to give, but am always weary of where is it really going, so it's good to know. Thanks :)

carlo said...

this is so awesome! I just saw that the LWB won! SO great!

Lara said...

Wow - so glad Love Without Boundaries Won!!!!! It is so fabulous to be able to help these little children.

[alisar] said...

What a wonderful cause. They are lucky to have you on their side!

cjanerun