
A couple of weeks ago Lucy brought me a strawberry cream drink, hung out in my backyard while the kids played and left me an even more delightful treat: a copy of Stephenie Meyer's hit young adult novel, "Twilight." I started reading it immediately and was instantly sucked in to this suspenseful romance. Ordinarily I wouldn't be drawn to a story about vampires but I loved the high school romance setting with a twist. I found the writing to be superb, especially the descriptions of Edward Cullen, the vampire. My heart was twitterpated just reading about him. I also loved the explanation of how he became a vampire. And I loved the suspense at the end and the genuine love he seems to have for Bella and she for him. I can't wait to read the sequel.
Besides being a young adult romance/suspense novel I found "Twilight" to have deeper meaning. The main theme is how Edward must control his hunger for blood to keep from hurting Bella. It caused me to reflect on my natural man tendencies that I too must control: my temper, gossping, etc. My ability to control these things makes me a better person and improves those around me too.
This book is a perfect read for those hot summer days spent lounging by the pool. It's fun and easy to read yet inspires the reader at the same time.

+copy2.jpg)
12 comments:
My students love this book. At least six of them have done it for a book report. They were all very twitterpated as well. Thanks for the letter you sent down with Rebekah, by the way.
One of my girlfriends just wrote a raving review of this author. So now I've heard of her twice in a month! I guess I'll have to add "Twilight" to my summer read list.
I can't wait for the day that I can actually sit down and read a book. Right now it is still open the book, find what paragraph I left off at, start reading, listen to screaming, get up, find out what is happening, fix problem, go back, open book, find paragraph I left off at, etc.
Maybe next year when I have 3 in school!
Keep up the bookreviews, I am writing these all down to read some day!
(As it was I was interrupted 3 times just trying to write this - aghh!)
OOOhhh...I am intrigued...and you know how much I enjoy feeling all twitterpatted!! :) Can't wait to read it. Would this be a good bookclub choice? It's your month. :)
Glad you liked it. I feel a bit embarrassed liking the same book as 15 year olds, but it is a well written book!
I'm going to the library tomorrow, maybe I'll look for it. I've heard quite a few people say they like it, including my mother-in-law. Thanks for the review!!
This is the third wonderful review I have read. I MUST get this book. Sounds great!
Is she the LDS SAHM turned author? I think I read about her in the BYU magazine.
I love stories like hers!
I will have to get the book.
I just love a good book. I'll have to check this one out. We're back in town and hopefully on the road to adoption as it was on hold because of our i600a petition request. Great to get back and check out your blog and loved all the photos - looks like you've been having a little bit of fun!
I'm looking forward to reading it.
My friend just started reading this book and I just knew it was from your blog review and I had to search out the old blog about it! She is going to lend it to me as soon as she is done reading it and I can't wait! I am so excited to hear about the vampire because my friend swears she is in love with him - haha!
i love twilight and new moon they are soo inspiring amd i cant wait to read eclipse and the other two books of wich im so excited for. new moon was said in a good and a pasionite way for edward and bella's love for each other. i love these books so much and i plan to read them a numerous amount of times. i hope it doesnt end after the fith book.
Post a Comment