We finally bit the bullet and took the kids shopping for their summer shoes. Nordstrom had their Keen's on sale so this was the time to buy. The girls were so excited to have matching shoes and wanted me to get a pair too. The sales lady asked me my size and I told her I was a size 8. She told me that a kids size 6 is the same as a women's size 8. This was news to me. These were on sale for $36.00 so I bought a pair for myself. As we were leaving the mall I popped into another shoe store to look at their selection. They had the same shoes for women and they were $99.00. Dave Ramsey would be proud.

+copy2.jpg)
21 comments:
Nice find! :-) I love the "Keens" picture. I was at the mall today and saw a little girl with purple ones on . . . so cute! Aren't you just lovin' the warm weather?????
Cute shoes. Still...$36.00 for each pair. Ouch.
Now I know what Keens are. I've wondered ever since "you know who" mentioned them in class.
oh my are they still on sale?
my daugther who is 8 is on her second pair and we LOVE these shoes. the pairs she has don't even look like they have been worn, they will pass down nicely.
we didn't pay any $36 that is a steal - and what we paid for them they were still worth every penny!
yikes, i just checked the nordsrom site and it looks like i missed the sale... darn!
In the olden days we used to go to Gallencamps and get shoes for 2.99 what a deal. but I alway forget to tell everyone that my dad only made 1.65 an hour. So maybe the golden olden days were not so good. nice blog Andrea love
dad
Kristi, REI has them on sale for the same price until May 13. Check out their website.
Lucy, that was my introduction to Keen's too. Good shoes are a necessary evil in our family. It kills us everytime we do it. Of course I checked out ebay and found that they are selling for around $30.00 USED for kids. So, next year I will sell all the kids pair (gross, I know, but obviously there's a market for them).
email me next year when you list them i will buy them
thanks for the info on my blog
What a deal! Cute picture of everyone in their matching shoes!
Dang! I bought a pair at REI last year for an obscene amount more than $36 and they still are as good as new. Maybe I need a different color though!
Great find, and cute picture!
Score! Love those shoes--very cute and the photo too.
sorry andrea that was me. jen :)
Great looking shoes. Hope they last and everyone still has a matching pair by the end of summer. Thanks for taking Halle - she had a great time.
Cute Shoes! Cute Legs! Love all my little angels!
Hmmm, I was thinking I needed some new shoes!
Oh and maybe some for my kids too:)
Did you get some for Jason too? We are trying to make last year's summer shoes strecth. We can't last much longer!
You've got to love getting a good deal! Great pic.
awesome photo! you are having a banner week in the savings department!
Andrea...you are a SUPER SHOPPER!! You always amaze me. Cute pink ones! Great info on a girls 6 is really a woman's 8. Good to know!
Ahhh. Dave Ramsey. The real question is: Did you pay for them with the cash from your pre-budgeted "summer clothing" envelope? This would be the mark of a true DR disciple...
I like the shoes!
score! wow...great find. great shoe...
must investigate this dave ramsey person i keep hearing about...
Post a Comment