Saturday, April 21, 2007

Super Saturday

We were so busy today that I didn't even think to get pictures of the day.

Today started early as Jason got up at 7 am and went to a ski resort in Idaho for their sale on skis. He was able to get skis, boots, bindings and poles for the three oldest kids for so cheap. It's hard to think of skiing now that the weather is warming up but we will be glad for the time he took today when the snow flies next winter. We rented for the kids this year and all I can say is OUCH!

Emma had a soccer game at 9:00 am and it rained off and on during her game. I am so grateful that Eli and Jonah are such great babysitters. I didn't have to take any of the kids to her game. They would have been so cold.

After the game it was time to attack the kids bedrooms. They were all in need of a good cleaning and produced a big pile of laundry in the hallway. I quickly sorted and was able to wash all 7 loads. Amazing that we had that much since Lisa was just here on Tuesday doing the laundry. I keep trying to minimize their wardrobes but we still have an evergrowing pile of laundry.

Jonah's soccer game was this afternoon and Jason took care of that while I stayed home with the kids. As soon as he walked in the door I headed out to take the three girls to get their hair cut. They were all in desperate need and I couldn't go another day without doing it. Jason took the boys last night to get their hair cut so all six kids are looking good. I'm getting my hair done on Monday. It's amazing how good it feels to get this crossed off my list.

After the haircuts I attacked the grocery store with all three girls. They did great and were very helpful. I had planned to order my groceries online this morning but the order had to be placed by 11:00 am and i missed the deadline. We couldn't make it through the weekend without some crucial supplies so I braved the store on a Saturday afternoon. Luckily it wasn't very crowded.

Ironically after such a productive day I still feel like we didn't get much done. Saturday is never long enough.

10 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

Ah the joys of a big family. there is nothing like it. Hugh Nibley talks about how important it is that husband and wife become one and work together. You and Jason are a good example of this.
love
dad

Amy said...

Great minds think alike. I got my hair cut and colored yesterday and Amy took Sarah and Kate to get their hair cut too! Sounds like you had a very busy day and I am sure you were happy when everyone was in bed sound asleep. Can't wait to see pictures of everyone with their cute haircuts!

Rebecca said...

Thanks for picking up the ski stuff for Asa and Hannah. I'm going to copy you and save them for Christmas. Well maybe, we may want to go skiing in November.

Love the girls hair. They look so cute. I saw Emma and told her that I liked her haircut and then sweet little Anna emerged from the crowd and stood in front of me waiting for me to compliment her on her haircut too. She is so cute!

I'm glad you got so much done yesterday!

Lara said...

I think we should have 3 Saturdays every week. One day to have fun, one day to catch up on everything else, and one day to relax!!!!

Your girls all looked cute with their haircuts at church (saw them while I helped out in Jr. Primary today).

Hope today is a little more relaxing.

jenny said...

No pictures from haircuts? Bummers. I know what you mean about Saturday feeling so short. Mine felt the same way. It seems to do that if the kids have a game and it ends up being a cleaning or errand day. Score of the ski stuff!

Kristin said...

Sounds like a very busy day!! I'm glad you guys were able to get some ski equipment. We are going to have to hit the Ski Swap in the fall.

Can't wait to see pictures of all the haircuts. It is about that time for us again...oh to brave Armand!!

I agree Saturday is MUCH to short.

P.S. I saw Jason at Bye Bye Birdie...did you all go? If you did you are one amazing mother!

Kelly said...

What a productive day. You need rest. Well done on the ski sale, so many hobbies so little money.

Haircuts across the board for us tomorrow. Ahh, I forgot what my kids looked like, can't see their eyes.

Victoria said...

So how did the haircut go? Got a pic? :)

Bridget said...

Hope you will get some time to relax before the weekend is over.

Love haircuts! I just got mine cut and colored last week. It feels so good! I love to be pampered. :)

Amber said...

SMART to hit those ski sales now! My feet grew an entire size with both my pregnancies so my ski boots no longer fit. Gotta hit those post-season sales now while I can!

cjanerun