Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A little flat & a little pumped up

A little flat:

On Sunday night Carolyn and I went on a primary visit and when we got out of the car we heard a hissing sound from the right front tire. Air was gushing out and of course we were at least 20 minutes from home. I called Jason so he could come rescue us. When the husband of the girl we were visiting heard our dilemna he immediately changed into a jumpsuit and went out and changed the tire. I must admit he put Jason to shame. Our solution was to pump the thing back up and drive it to a local tire store. It was so nice of him t fix it for us.

A little pumped up:

Today I was looking at my hands and noticing how dry and scaly they looked. Imagine my surprise when I got my mail and discovered a fun package from Bridget. It had a little tube of hand cream that smells so yummy and is the perfect fix for my dry hands. She also included a cute notebook and the tastiest chocolates. I ate three between the mailbox and my front door. Chocolate soothes my soul. Thanks Bridget for thinking of me.

6 comments:

Lucy said...

Isn't that life? I love all the help we get to keep us inflated.

Carolyn said...

April got the best primary training ever! Where's the pic of the car with two legs sticking out the back end? :-)

Michelle Alley said...

Andrea - I didn't see your address in the good mail listing. I wanted to send something to you, had your name on it, and realized that I either am blind or you're just not on the list! Glad to see you've posted again! Hope everything is going well! It looks like we might have to change countries for adoption :-( Ahh, the ups and downs! Take care!

carlo said...

yay to fast tire changes and helpful husbands.

big yay to chocolate and bridget's good mail. awesome!

good to see you posting!!

Kristin said...

Good mail...I'm jealous! I love all the "adventures" you and Carolyn have been having lately!! :)

[alisar] said...

I know I should be more independent as a modern woman. But I don't know the first thing about car maintenance - and I don't have any plans to learn. But I know I should...
Thank goodness for helpful people!

cjanerun