Today was a beautiful spring day, perfect for being outside. Kelly called yesterday and said she was coming to town to go to the cannery. I offered to watch her kids while she went. We were going to try and join Lucy at Triple Play but they cap the number of people that they let into the waterpark and Lucy called to say that the place was packed and they weren't letting anybody else in, so we resorted to plan B.
We have a great hiking area that is right in the middle of town. Sadly we didn't discover this until last year when Jonah's class went there on a field trip. We have been big fans ever since. We grabbed sandwiches at Subway and took them to the trailhead for a picnic. We had a bit of a scare when we started hiking and realized that Kelly's Eliza wasn't with us. We all called for her and she was nowhere to be found. Luckily she was hiding from us and came running out with a big smile on her face. We were all so happy to find her. She reallyhad us going. I've been trying to do a few things from the Christ Centered Easter book that Anne sent me and one of the ideas is to do a nature walk and find objects that relate to the Savior and Easter such as thorns for the crown of thorns, etc. I was so amazed at the objects that the kids came up with. Jonah found a rock with silver in it to represent the silver, pine needles represented the nails, flowers represented rebirth, and on and on. The kids came up with some great things.
We hiked the whole trail and ended up coming out of a different trailhead that was about 1.5 miles from our cars. Kelly offered to run and get her car and come back and get us. The little kids were exhausted so I stayed and played with them. Luckily the trailhead was right by a park that we are familiar with so the kids had a great time playing even though they had just hiked several miles. The best part about the hike is that the kids were wiped out and so good for the rest of the afternoon.
I came home and went house shopping with Jason and my mom. My mom recently found out that her townhome that she rents is going to be sold so she must move out by June 1. She has decided to buy. I love houses and had fun looking with her. She found a cute one that may work out but she wants to look around a bit more.

+copy2.jpg)
11 comments:
I've just been catching up on your posts!! Sounds like a fun trip to Utah. I LOVE Hogle Zoo...so many childhood memories. We are definitely hitting it in June.
Is the Easter book the same one that Kristi Brooke talks about on her blog?
You'll have to tell me where you guys went hiking...glad you had fun. What a great idea to have the kids find objects that represent Easter.
Great pictures!
Andrea
So much fun. Thank you for being a good mom and teaching the children about Christ. I love you
dad
wow, what a great day. hiking in town? bonus!
catching up with friends? bonus!
plan b? always a good thing.
what fun you all are having.
oh and i think that is so cool about the Easter objects hunt. Very good idea.
Your weather must be nice if you guys are hiking and resorting to the water park huh? The idea with hiking sounds great. I wish we would have done that yesterday. Today it is freezing!
I hope you mom finds a house--which I am sure she will.
Sounds like such a NICE way to spend the day!!! You and Lucy coming up with amazing things to do in Spokane that I didn't even know existed!
Of course, I did not have kids when I lived there either - so maybe that is why I'm ignorant!!
I'm glad you guys have nice weather because ours is snowy and COLD! (It is 24 out there right now.)
Hippy hop, hippity hop.
Will the Easter Bunny stop?
Will he leave a treat behind,
An Easter basket for me to find?
I'll look over here,
I'll look over there,
I'll look behind things,
I'll look everywhere
I'll look until I find my treat,
And then I'll sit right down and eat.
Happy Easter!
Hi! I just found your blog a couple days ago and enjoyed reading about your family.
Sounds like a fun hike :)
Happy Easter
Happy Easter Andrea and family!!
You know about my day...I think I'll take the hike! We will have to try that place again. With dads to entertain kids while we sit and chat. :)
Sounds like you all had a fun spring break. Halle has missed Anna like crazy - even though we have been very busy ourselves.
Where is that trail? That sounds like something my kids would like to do.
Glad you got to enjoy conference up close!
Hope you didn't mind me talking about you in Relief Society - I don't even know what words I used - I get so nervous I never know what I am doing. Any way - I just wanted to let you know that your mirror blog inspired me - which is what I was trying to convey in Relief Society. I think you are awesome!!!!
Post a Comment