Thursday, April 05, 2007

Spring Break Highlights

Spring break has flown by so fast. I can't believe it's already Thursday. We had such a fun time in Salt Lake that I wanted to write down all the highlights:
  • We arrived last Thursday and stayed with my sister Rebekah. She has such a great setup for guests. She has three extra rooms with a bed for everyone so it's very comfortable. We really appreciate her hospitality. After getting settled in at Rebekah's we headed down to Lindon for a get together with Jason's cousins. His cousin Reed was the host. Reed and his wife Becky have always been so good to us. They lived in Lindon when Jason and I were at BYU and were always so welcoming to us. Becky even threw me a baby shower when I had Eli which was so nice of her. We had a great time catching up and admiring their great kids. They were so nice to let Lily and Jack ride scooters through their house which kept them entertained the entire night. We also had fun hanging out with Ken and Heather who we don't get to see very often. It was great to catch up with everyone.


  • From their house we went to visit the Isom's and their daughter Eleanor who is also from Shantou, China. We (especially Jason) love Eleanor and it was great to hang out even though it was way past everyone's bedtime.


  • On Friday we rekindled our childhood tradition of visiting the Hogle Zoo. It was a very pleasant day and all the kids enjoyed seeing the animals. We don't have a zoo where we live to it was a fun treat.


  • On Saturday Jason met up with his cousins and brother for a family ski trip at Solitude. We were so jealous of my sister who lives only 20 minutes from the resort. We are used to driving a lot farther to ski. Jason had a great time.


  • Eli went to his first priesthood session with Jason at the conference center. Eli will be 12 later this month so we cheated and took him a bit early. He loved it, especially the music. He told Jason that he likes the Church Office Building because it represents the strength of our church.


  • On Sunday Jason and I went to the afternoon session of conference. I love conference so much that I literally can't sleep the night before. I usually listen to all the talks again the week after conference. I thought it was a great conference with lots of interesting talks. I am working on the Saturday AM session right now which I missed. After conference we visited with my cousin who was kind enough to have our large family for dinner.

  • On Monday we packed up and before we started the drive home stopped to see my grandparents. They were so nice and fed us lunch and we had a great visit. I hope they are rested up after a couple of hours with us. We stayed the night with our friends Lance and Lani in Idaho Falls. I can't even begin to describe how awesome Lani is. She homeschools and she does it right. Their family is an inspiration and if you want a glimpse at how amazing she is check out her guest blog at cjanerun. It is worth reading.


  • We have spent the rest of the week getting used to being home. Today I went with Lucy and Rebecca to the park and the kids had a great time playing. We have something planned for tomorrow and then it's easter weekend. Our friends the Isoms gave us the best book, "Having a Christ Centered Easter." We are having a fun time doing the activities in the book.

12 comments:

Da said...

Andrea,

You know cjane?  I've been reading a blog named Segullah for a few weeks now, and she is one of the contributors!  How cool!

I checked out her site, and I love her post about homeschool.  It was like reading about my life, described beautifully!

Anne

jenny said...

Loved seeing all of your fun highlight pictures. I haven't been to conference "live" since Doug and I were dating. I remember being disappointed when they ushered us in (we were in the old tabernacle) I was afraid I couldn't see and much to my surprise we ended up being 5 rows dead center. I was stoked!

Hope you guys have a great Easter weekend!

p.s. was Sammy torturing little Henry in the photo?

Amy said...

Andrea,
I love all the pictures! Great highlights of your trip to SLC. I hope to get my blog updated soon with all of my "highlights".

Bridget said...

Sounds like everyone has such fun! Great pictures! Your kids are so cute.

Kelly said...

That was a whirlwind Spring Break. Sounds like a lot of fun!

carlo said...

So much goodness in this post!

Love the pics--fun park pics. Cool bug climb on thingie pic.

Too cute with all of the children playing and hanging out.

Love Eli's comments about the office = strength. Also yours about not sleeping before conference. Inspirational to read, even to a non-LDS. Thanks for sharing that...

Great spring break update!

Lucy said...

There is no way you will have time to visit me in Utah...you have a full plate of visits already! I'm glad that you received so much hospitality during your trip. I love going to conference.

Jenny - Henry was just trying to get off of Sammy's lap. If you check out the picture on my blog you can see the time lapse of seconds that it takes that kid to escape captors. Sheesh.

Rebecca said...

It sounds like SLC was a lot of fun. You must have been tired after you got home.

Is that one of Jason's cousins in the background of the pic of Eli, or is that just some guy who thought he might be getting his picture in the next Ensign?

Jay said...

Seeing the picture of Jason at Solitude makes me excited to be in SLC next year. Thanks!

Kari said...

Sounds like it was all a lot of fun!!!!

Carolyn said...

I loved reading about your trip - it looks like it was a great family vacation! It's perfect that you gave yourself some "out of town" time and some "in town" time for spring break. Perfect combination!

Michelle Alley said...

These are great pictures of your week. So glad you were able to get together with family and it looks like you are having great fun! We always take the girl's to the Hogle Zoo when we're in town.

I'm up to my ears in paperwork for the adoption. I keep forgetting how much paper is involved! I love that that you're getting together with other family's who've adopted.

Great Post!

cjanerun