Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Self Portrait Tuesday



Today's Challenge
in your easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it.
We had such a great Easter week. I am so grateful to my friend Anne for sending us a book filled with great ideas for celebrating Easter. The easter bunny comes to our house on Saturday morning so the kids had fun with their Easter baskets and doing an egg hunt in our yard. We dyed eggs later that afternoon and had our family tradition of Goldenrod (hard boiled eggs in a cream sauce served over toast). The kids love this meal and we usually only do it around Easter.

We have church at 8:30 am so these pictures were taken after church and the kids had no patience for it. I love doing the matching thing (kids only, after outfitting 6 kids for Easter there's no money left for me). Jack was the odd man out this year in his yellow, but the rest of the kids looked great. I failed to get in any of the pictures, except in the background. I love the picture, I had just handed the camera over to Jason because I couldn't take the challenge of photgraphing 6 kids any longer.

We had a beautiful, relaxing Easter. We usually get together with family or friends for holidays but this year decided to keep it simple and have dinner alone. We had a great time discussing our feelings about Easter with our kids. After dinner we watched the Testaments movie. It was a beautiful day.

18 comments:

Angie said...

Beauitful pictures of you kids. They look so cute all matchy. Great post.

Lara said...

Your kids look great! So cute. I am glad you could have a good Easter - it is nice to sometimes just have your own family.

I will have to try your Goldenrod recipe - sounds yummy.

carlo said...

Oh my goodness is that sweetness in a picture. The handholding. The smiles. the outfits. precious.

Your Easter sounds wonderful.

carlo said...

Oh my goodness is that sweetness in a picture. The handholding. The smiles. the outfits. precious.

Your Easter sounds wonderful.

Michelle Alley said...

What great pictures! I love the matching thing to - it gets harder to dress my girls alike though - maybe when they get older they'll have more fun with it. Thanks for all you comments on my blog - you're wonderful!

Kelly said...

Just beautiful! As one who only has to dress 1/2 of what you do, I can really appreciate how much work goes in to making these pictures so cute. Well done!

everything pink! said...

the pink ties are making me crazy! my husband owns three.

great photos.

jenny said...

I love the matching pictures. I hear ya on getting everyone clothed and no money left for mom. I guess that is why I resorted to Angie's closet. What a great photo of all the kids. Fun traditions!

Bridget said...

Great pictures! I can't even get a good shot out of 2 kids. Yours with 6 are so much better.

Glad your family got to spend some nice time together on Easter. Take care!

Amy said...

As usual all the kids look adorable! I love the pictures!

Elizabeth said...

That is the best family picture I have seen. Great job!

amy gretchen said...

cute photos of the kids. love how the boys have pink ties to match.

Unknown said...

cute family portrait! i see you lurking in the background there!

Betina said...

Great picture! I think your boys in their sports coats look so grown up.

I appretiated the experience you shared about the garden tomb. I was accepted for the Jerusalem program back in the day, but chose to go to the London Theatre one instead. Much less spiritual, I can assure you.

Jill said...

Cute photos. We had to take ours after church too and it was a feat just to get a decent shot of 2 kids so I can only imagine how tough it was to get one of 6 kids!

Rebecca said...

You got the outfits! I love them, your girls look so sweet! And your boys look so handsome. I like how you did boy, girl, boy, girl....

Can I get the Goldenrod recipe? It sounds yummy.

Kristin said...

What a great Easter! I love all your traditions. The kids look so darling! Cute dresses for the girls and the boys look so handsome. Did they complain about the pink ties? I so want to buy Kameron a pink polo or Izod (I can't get passed the preppy 80's...I loved them) and he FLAT OUT refuses to even consider it! He will throw a crying fit in the store if I even mention it!! :(

Great pictures! I love the one of you in the distance...so typical...if moms are even in the pictures at all!!

[alisar] said...

I get so misty eyed when I look at your family pictures. Your children are so beautiful and loved. They are an inspiration to me.

cjanerun