
Nothing makes my skin crawl more than mice. They are so vile to me that the sight of one causes physiologic changes in my body. I sweat, I cringe, I scream, I panic. For some reason I'm fine with spiders, bugs, and snakes, but mice put me over the edge.
Since we live in the country we get a lot of mice. I haven't seen one in a while but there is evidence in our garage. So, when a friend's cat recently had kittens I decided it was time to get another cat. (we had another cat, Milkshake, who disappeared last summer).
I'm not a big cat fan, in fact they are only a few levels up from mice, but since they eat mice they are a necessary pet. Her name is Butterscotch and I must admit she's adorable. The kids have been outside all morning taking care of her. She's technically Anna's cat because she's the one who begged the most to have her but Jack has grown quite attached to her. He has a stuffed animal kitten that he adores so having the real thing has made him so excited.
What creepy thing makes your skin crawl?

+copy2.jpg)
14 comments:
I have the same reaction to spiders! They are the creepy crawlies that I just can't deal with.
Anne
P.S. Adorable kitty!!
Crunchy bugs. The kind that I can't pick up with a kleenex. Eeeyuuck!
Ok...things that make my skin crawl...MICE AND CATS!!! The picture of the mice on your post has literally given the biggest case of the willies. I would have to say mice are the absolute worst!! If I see one I nearly pass out and if I ever saw one coming toward me I would totally pass out!
Stacey and John live on acreage and have all kind of animals and once when Tyler was helping John tear down a pigeon coop he said about 30 mice came running out from under it and ran up and over his boots. I would've been in the psych ward for sure.
Unfortunately I HATE cats too. Their only redeemable quality is that they eat mice BUT sometimes they deposit them on your doorstep which again causes me great angst!
Glad the kids are excited about the kitty though. It does look cute...from a distance! :) Reilly and Ailey love kitties and constantly beg for one (even an outside one)...not in this lifetime!! Maybe I will send them over to play with your cat! ;)
P.S. I think "Butterscotch" is an adorable name and I really liked "Milkshake" too!
I don't like any bugs or rodents. Right now I am in the midst of an ant crisis that is really bringing me down.
Um, cats make my skin crawl.
CUTE KITTY!! Well, rats and mice make my skin crawl!! (Even hamsters kind of do!)
Cute little Kitty! I didn't know that Milkshakes disappeared!
What makes my skin crawl is spiders. I can't stand them! I get the chills just thinking about them.
oh so sweet! love the kitty. butterscotch is a purrrfect name (i am so corny today)
i hate those crazy million legged catapillar-esque but much more creepy things...whatever they are called! :)
hope you will do a 3 list, by the way!! :) pls???
Too bad that kittens have to turn in to cats. They're so cute when they're little and then so bratty, boring, and annoying after a while. But I guess they are a necessary evel if you don't want mice.
The only thing that really makes my skin crawl are needles. Nothing alive - just pointed metal.
Rats and mice are pretty high up on my list. HUGE cockroaches are probably #1 because I had to live with them in New Orleans for 4 years.
I pretty much don't like anything with an exoskeleton. You will have to have Halle over to love your cat too. She wants one so bad but Chris is allergic so will probably never happen. Maybe if I buy a bunch of mice and let them lose in the house he will finally agree to a cat. But of course, then you would never come over and that wouldn't be good either.
Goats really freak me out.
I also can't get near a spider. I can't even get close enough to kill one. Well it depends on the size. I usually get the vacuum cleaner to suck them up and then I stuff a paper towel in the end of the tube for at least 24 hours so it can't crawl out.
Post a Comment