It's not officially our spring break but since the kids are getting out early every day for parent teacher conferences we decided to leave last night for our vacation. Yesterday was the Pinewood Derby. We got wasted by a car that had hollowed out wheels and grooved axles. Jonah did get 2nd place though so he was excited about that. There was lots of tension in the room and I wrestled with Jack who wanted to race those cars himself. I sat next to Lucy's Sammy who kept track of Jonah's race results with amazing accuracy.
After the race we hit the road. We made a quick pit stop at subway since I didn't have time to feed the kids dinner as I used every minute of my day to pack the car and try and clean the house. I was such a bad mom yesterday trying to get everything ready. It seemed like every time I got something accomplished something else was being undone. Once Eli and Jonah got home from school they kicked it in and were very helpful.
Luckily the kids were pretty tired and quickly fell asleep. I looked in the back to check on who was sleeping and Lily had unbuckled her carseat and was sleeping upside down. Her feet were all I could see. She slept that way the entire trip. I got a picture of it which I will add later when I can download it. They all slept until Dillon which made the trip very pleasant. Jason and I listend to the funniest girlfriend show on XM. Jason said he felt like he was a fly on the wall at my book group. The best was their analysis of the contestants on American Idol. They went through every contestant and analyzed the previous night's performance. It made the trip fly by quickly.
Now we're gearing up for another half day on the road.We're excited to see my sisters and the little cousins.

+copy2.jpg)
14 comments:
have a great time. love that you just whipped it together. can't wait to hear about it...
How funny about the car seat. My Luke constantly is unbuckling in the car and hiding in the back of the van. It makes me so nervous. He always replies by saying geesh mom I am just trying to pick up something I dropped. Gotta love a 3 year old!
Hope you have a great trip. Sounds like a long way!
Have a great time on your vacation! I love those day/weekend trips there a lot of fun!
Can't wait for the picture of Lilly. You are my hero - making a long drive with 6 kids. Have fun.
I love road trips! Have fun!
Dillon. My favorite memory about Dillon is going there for a basketball game because we heard there were cute guys there. Nothing like a two and a half hour drive to a small town to check out guys that you don't talk to.
Glad you made it there safely. Missing you here though.
Oh, and that was when I was a jr. in high school, btw. No such road trips lately:)
I'm a Montana native (from Libby, it's in the NW corner of the state. We used to go to Spokane to do our major school clothes shopping trips and various other shopping and doctor trips throughout the year).
Sounds like you had a nice drive! I would love to have XM.
Dillon Montana...the 1/2 way mark...on the long trip to Utah huh?
Facts of Dillon...
1.)Don't get gas...we have been ripped off by nearly every gas station in the town...
2.) They have a Dairy Queen. Back in the day when Dairy Queen's were hard to come by Dillon had one...it was our lunch spot on the endless road trip. There is nothing like a cherry Mr. Misty or a Blizzard to get you through the drab drive. (Sorry you Montana girls but Dillon is a BIT depressing.)
Have a fun trip!! Happy Belated Birthday to Anna...cute cute pictures!!
Have a super duper time on your trip! :)
So that's why we couldn't find Emma on the playground last Friday... Maryn and I ate with Caleb and then hung around during recess. Maryn was trying to find girls she knew to play with, but ended up playing freeze tag with Caleb. Maybe next time...
Have a great time on your vacation!
Sorry if I added to the tension at the Pinewood Derby race. Perhaps I shouldn't have shared how mad at Devin I was for being really really late with the car and almost making a nine year old boy and his mother cry.
Congrats to Jonah for getting second place at the Pinewood derby.
Have a wonderful time!!
Post a Comment