To me this row of trees in my front yard is symbolic of the four seasons we experience in this little corner of the world. Each season they are different. In summer they provide shade for our entire front yard and driveway and the kids love to climb them. In fall the leaves change colors, cling for life, and then usually in a matter of hours a big wind has blown them all away. In winter the trees are barren and scaggly. At this time of year I check them several times a week to check the progress of their buds. They are cherry and plum trees and in a few weeks will be bursting with beautiful white and pink flowers. Spring is my favorite season for these trees. They bring a bit of cheer into our dreary northwest spring. Spring comes late to this part of the country. We will be hit with a few warm days here and there but this morning when I woke up it was lightly snowing. 
Yikes, definitely in need of some color and highlights!

+copy2.jpg)
6 comments:
You are so cute and I LOVE your trees. I can't wait for them to bloom!
I saw the snow flurries this morning too and almost cried. Enough!
Your walk way with the white picket fence is darling. White fences are a favorite of mine. You don't see too many these days. I hope you guys end your snow soon!
what a beautiful scene...love the pic
Your trees and your driveway are so pretty. I love a long tree-lined driveway. Great pictures!
Those trees look beautiful!
i bet those trees are beautiful when they burst open!!
Post a Comment