Monday, March 05, 2007

Just Another Manic Monday

Today started out great. I woke up early, got the kids ready and off to school and even made it on time to preschool. Then it was off to the school to volunteer in Emma's classroom. It all went downhill when I picked the little kids up from preschool. For some reason they were one step ahead of me all day.
We got home from preschool and since it was nice out the kids started riding bikes. Next thing I knew Jack was in the house wanting to change his shirt which had somehow gotten wet. I quickly changed him then sent him on his way. When I went outside to check on them they had turned on the hose that is hooked up to our well and were washing the car. Luckily it was semi warm and the water was warm too so I let Jack squirt the hose to his heart's content.



The kids got hungry and decided to come in for lunch. I sent them downstairs to play while I made lunch and a few minutes later Jack walked upstairs (I hesitate to write this on my blog) buck naked with his little private parts painted with nail polish. YIKES! I think Lily was the culprit.

We had invited little Eli over for a playdate with Lily. Anna is constantly playing with her friends and Lily wanted a chance to play too. Again, they were playing outside, swinging and jumping on the tramp. Next thing I knew they were gone. I looked out the window and they were all the way by our mailbox. We live on 5 acres so going to the mailbox is like walking down the street and around the corner in a neighborhood. Lily had a skateboard, Jack had a bike and little Eli had a scooter. They had picked up a stray dog so I went to bring them home, not knowing how any of them would react to the dog. Lily had started running and the dog chased her so she was a little panicked. The dog followed us home and Jack had a great time playing with him.

Rebecca came to pick up Eli and we had a great time chatting while the kids played. Jack decided to take a bath and Eli followed him into my bathroom. Somehow all my makeup ended up in the bathtub. Yikes again!
The big kids arrived home from school and I made an early dinner. I was listening to some music on itunes and noticed Lily at the computer. I walked over to see what she was clicking on and saw that she had just purchased $15.00 worth of music off of itunes. I have no idea what she bought. Hopefully it's something good. I had everyone put their swimsuits on. I had to get out of the house before it fell apart. Jason met me there and took the kids swimming while I worked out. It felt so good as all my frustrations slipped away. After getting all their energy out the kids were easy to put to bed and I am now enjoying some solitude trying to gear up for tomorrow morning when it all starts again.

As a little sidenote, my life is so obviously comsumed with my little ones that I don't post very often about my older kids. I should mention that on Friday Eli performed in a skit about responsibility and a kick off for Read Across America. He had all his lines memorized and is a good little actor. Jason and I had a great time visiting the school and watching him perform.

10 comments:

Rebecca said...

Way to go big Eli! Eli is so multi-talented!

Now on to my Eli. I am so sorry I brought him over and complicated your day more today. I hope your make-up survived the dip in the tub!

You may have to adopt that dog. He sure seemed to like it at your house.

I also enjoyed our chat! You are so fun to talk to!

Kelly said...

So much fun to read! You are doing well on your more frequent posts goal. I like reading about your days. The nail polish was a hoot for the reader, probably not for the mom. Love the pool picture. Yup just another manic Monday!

Reuel and Ana said...

Dear Andrea
I am rely enjoying your blogs. You do sound like you have your hands full. but you are taking it in good spirits and you do have the help of your wonderful husband. We love you all, and pray for your whole family every night.
love
Dad and Ana

Lucy said...

Andrea! I hope blogging is some sort of cheap therapy for you. You have great perspective:) I'm so glad you went ahead and shared the nail polish story. It is classic and one you will never want to forget. Although..it'd be pretty hard to.

[alisar] said...

I can't believe how cool you are about life's little mishaps. I would have written an entire post about my makeup ending up in the bathtub or losing $15 to iTunes. Way to take it in stride :)

Lara said...

What fun photos! When it gets a little warmer Jake and Sean will have to start their own car washing service!!!! But lets keep them both away from the nail polish - who knows where else their little imaginations could come up with?!

What an awesome husband to take all the kids swimming - and give you an exercise break.

I am already missing Chris - but will be leaving the kids with Jeraldine so I can go to book club at Dawn Ann's house tonight.

Amy said...

Oh my gosh!!! I am scared to babysit when we are all up in S.L.C. J/K! I loved every single one of your hectic stories. I just laughed and laughed about the nail polish incident. Jack looks so cute with that dog. It reminds me of Daisy. I would say you should get a dog, but I know you don't need anything else on your plate. Anyway, I really enjoyed this post. I guess that would explain why I couldn't get a hold of you yesterday! Call me....

jenny said...

Sorry about your rocky Monday. Hopefully today will be better. Okay the nail polish hilarious. Glad you were able to get away to the pool. My kids always release a lot of good energy there.

Ummm what was purchased on itunes? I am anxious to hear.

carlo said...

wow. that is a lot going on, andrea! is it terrible that i could not stop giggling? I mean I know that it had to be rough in the moment and all and i am not minimizing it in the least but I have to say that I love your perspecitive-- you are an awesome mom!!!!!

KariAnn said...

Oh Andrea, I'm tired just reading about your day. You are so layed back, your little ones don't know how lucky they are to have you for a mom. Good thing for the YMCA! And all our other escapes.

cjanerun