Friday, November 24, 2006

The Day After

It snowed a little bit during our Thanksgiving dinner yesterday and when we woke up this morning the ground was covered with about an inch of snow. Emma and Anna were outside sledding by 7:30 am. The rest of the kids joined them shortly and enjoyed about two hours of sledding. I was in heaven and so were they. On days like today I am so grateful that we found our house. It was so nice just to send them outside to sled. We have the perfect sledding hill. It doesn't look like much but Eli, Jonah and Emma were able to go from our back yard down to the road which is at least 200 feet. It was such fun day off of school for them. After they got done sledding Jason's parents picked them up for some major spoilage. They went shopping and to see Santa Claus 3.

Jason took the day off work and we took the little kids downtown to the Children's Museum and then swimming at the YMCA. It's so much easier to take them places when Jason is with me. I loved it.

I started my Black Friday shopping at 9:00 pm on Thanksgiving night. I am actually, for the first time ever, done with all my Christmas shopping except for the kids new clothes. In our family we usually do a big toy, a dvd, a book, a game and a new outfit. This year I'm feeling a bit sad because I feel like this is Eli's last Christmas as a true kid. Also, last Christmas, we had just returned from China with Jack and it was a very minimalist Christmas. I didn't bother bringing out any of my decorations. Instead I went to Target and bought everything I needed to simply decorate a tree and called it good. This year I'm making up for it and spoiling the kids a bit more than usual and doing all our decorating and traditions. I'm so excited for Christmas. I hope it's not a letdown when the big day arrives. Anyway, last night I logged onto the Gymboree website to pick out outfits for the girls and discovered that their day after Thanksgiving sale started at 12 am eastern time which was 9:00 pm pacific time. I was so excited and picked out stuff for the girls and Jack and called it good. I also earned Gymbucks in the process. They have a new line called Park City Luxe which I can't resist since I grew up in SLC. Now I just have to figure out stuff for the boys. They are so hard to shop for now. I can't seem to figure out what they like. I may just get them gift certificates and let them shop themselves.

We were all reunited tonight for dinner and had the best leftovers. Everything tasted so much better tonight. In fact, I'm eating a slice of pecan pie as I type.

Tomorrow is the big BYU-Utah game. I can guarantee that Jason will be up early due to the excitement flowing through his true blue veins. Go cougs!

3 comments:

Lucy said...

I can't believe you are done with your Christmas shopping. I have so much catch-up to do!

I'm bummed we missed the snow. We have a skiff on our lawn but it looks like you have more up on your mountain. Sledding sounds like fun.

We caught a bit of the game at lunch on our way home today. I wish we could actually watch the game. It looked like it was going to be a good one.

Can't wait to catch up with you!

jenny said...

I am about done, but man you are on top of things. I like the idea of each kid getting one of each item. That would make life so much easier. Glad the cougs took won the game!!

Kristin said...

I have really enjoyed reading your Thanksgiving posts. I love hearing how other people celebrate and what their traditions are... You are so organized and always reach out to others...and all with 6 kids! You inspire me!

cjanerun