Monday, September 15, 2008

Starting Off My Monday

The kids had just left for school and I was scurrying about trying to clean the kitchen when I caught Lily trying to photocopy pages from the Friend Magazine. In an effort to distract her I pulled her on my lap and started reading the stories from this month's issue. For some reason the stories reduced me to a puddle of tears. Maybe it was the re-confirmation of the confirmation I received yesterday during our great Sacrament meeting talks on strengthening the family and becoming a disciple of Christ. Sometimes I'm overwhelmed by the responsibility of it all but moments like this morning strengthen me and make me realize I can do it.

3 comments:

Anne said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that cries when she reads the Friend!

KariAnn said...

They were great talks. I was definitely inspired too. It's moments like this that keep us going. You're a great mom. Lily is a lucky girl.

Lara said...

What a great moment!

cjanerun