Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Back to School 08

The 8th Grader--Up at the crack of dawn ready to get back in the groove. The Elementary School Kids Anna--1st grade here she comes.Jonah in his final year of elementary school.Emma--how is she already in 3rd grade?The fabulous back to school breakfast that was supposed to be a monster puff pancake with fresh peaches.
Getting off the bus Busy at her desk.Jonah getting off the bus.First Grade Rocks!

Afternoon Kindergarten Self Portrait
School starts tomorrow for him.
Afternoon date with my handsome boy.
I love the first day of school. It's a time of renewal and starting over. I love seeing my kids interact with their friends and their teachers. I love that our 5th child entered the same school all her siblings have attended. I love that my children are shining examples of goodness to their peers. I love my husband that gave them blessings last night to prepare them for the year ahead.

12 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

what cute pictures first day of school. we pray for them all on their first day of school. Ana prays for Jack and his coleguinhas de classe (his like colegues at class) we love them so much.
love
dad and Ana

Staci said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! So cute (although they might be too old for that word)! Jonah doesn't look very pleased to be classified with the elementary kids though.

andrea said...

I forgot to mention that Jonah was stung by a wasp the other day and had a bad allergic reaction to the sting.

Kelly said...

Aw the breakfast! Sniff, sniff. Glad that you had the presence of mind to photograph it.

I was not looking forward to school starting, but now that it's here, I see it is the natural order of things and I'm feeling pretty great! Of course starting after Labor Day is the true natural order! Good luck, good year!

Betina said...

I would love an explanation on that awesome pancake explosion!

andrea said...

Betina, I had the pan in the oven melting hte butter and it must have been too hot. When I poured the batter in the whole thing shattered.

Kristin said...

What cuties!! They are all such great kids too.

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

I was laughing out loud about the breakfast picture! Cute kids. lots of homework to keep track of. Do you actually get some time all alone?

Lucy said...

How exciting! Your kids all look adorable and ready for school. Even little Lily.

I bet Jack loved his one-on-one time. Very fun catch-up, Andrea.

KariAnn said...

SUCH CUTE PICTURES. THIS IS GOING TO BE A GREAT YEAR!

Jessica said...

you got great pictures of the first day of school. I was so confused at all the different times my kids were leaving, that I forgot to get one of Camryn.. . aah! and i only have 4 kids. hmmm. I love the breakfast picture and that you thought of getting a picture of that. You are teaching me to pack my camera at all times :-)

[alisar] said...

What a group. I know I've said this before, but yours is among the most beautiful families I've ever seen.

cjanerun