In the blink of an eye we have gone from the lazy days of summer to a regimented back to school schedule. The kids started on Tuesday and I don't think I've caught my breath since. I'm up early this morning because I know if I don't get started I will be so behind once the kids wake up. There are mountains of laundry and layers of grime throughout the house. Yesterday was the 2nd day of school and I actually forgot that Anna is now a kindergartner. In my mind Eli, Jonah and Emma are the big kids and Anna, Lily and Jack are the little kids. Anna woke up as usual and watched her "show." I was scurrying around making sure all the big kids were ready to go and we had about ten minutes before the bus came. All of the sudden it hit me that Anna needed to go to school too. So we rushed and got her dressed, fed and out the door. Poor little girl running for the bus on her 2nd day of school.
I am so busy with church stuff this week. Everyone in our area is so excited because we have a new church building and will be getting new ward boundaries and new bishops. On Saturday we have an open house for the new building and every stake organization has to do a display table. Ours is coming together and it has been fun to work on it with my presidency and honorary member, Kristin.
Last night we held a Cub Scout roundup for all the cubs in the stake and their parents. We served hot dogs for dinner and apparently that's all you need to motivate people to attend. The room was packed and I was so excited to see how year by year we are building up our program.

+copy2.jpg)
11 comments:
Andrea, you sound so busy! Where's your "me" time girl? We just got a new building here in MOntreal, I think is was April. It was quite the big deal! Hope all is well.
A good kind of busy. The events you are working on for your calling sound great, although hard I am sure when they all pile on at once.
Serving hot dogs to get everyone out to Cubs is a good idea. I'll have to file that away.
Really, who doesn't forget a kid or two before and after school. Was it this frenetic when we were kids?
I feel just like you. All of a sudden I'm swamped! It seems like we're running here and there and in circles. But I think when things calm down this school year is going to be a good one.
Good luck with your church stuff. Hopefully it will all be over soon.
I think we're all in the same boat!! You might have forgotten Anna before school but I have forgotten kids after school...oops!
I'm glad I can help in some...very very very small way. ;)
Was there also an "Activity Days" kick off with a fun meal?
I just ask b/c I am curious if other stakes are working to bring girls programs to the level of the boys. Our ward was really into this a few years ago, but I think it fizzled out.
I'm glad one thing is off your, "to do list." Hope all goes well with the open house.
Can't wait for Sunday and for all the surprises to be over!
Good thing Anna is learning early to run and catch the bus. Seriously, which one of your kids hasn't had to do this? Especially Eli. In fact it is something I am sure every child who has ever had to ride the bus has had to experience. I know I sure have. At least this way she got her morning exercise :) Hope your life will be a little easier, at least during the day with your four easiest kids gone... hmmmm maybe your life won't be any easier :)
That's what makes us friends, when we get through a really stressful week together! It will definitely be memorable girl!
Good luck getting through your week! It seems like when you have busy calling stuff, it always falls during a time when you're busy with other stuff too.
I can't wait to find out about the changes! Let me know pronto!
Our new building is expected to be completed in October. They are suppose to announce the new ward/changes soon. I am kind of sad over it because I am just getting to like our ward.
And yes, any sort of food brings out the masses.
Post a Comment