Tuesday was the first day of school and a milestone day for us. Eli started 7th grade and Anna started kindergarten. Eli was so excited. His school does a good job of getting the kids ready and had an orientation for the incoming students the week before. He got his schedule and met some new kids so he was feeling pretty confident the whole day. He met up with all his friends at lunch and knew several people in all his classes and came home feeling good about the day.
Jonah is in 5th grade and got the not so great teacher. I pumped him up about being positive and he came home with good things to say about his teacher and was able to point out all the good things he liked about her. It will be a challenging year because his teacher last year was so over the top good but I think he will survive it just fine.
Cool 5th grader getting off the bus--so embarassing
Taken with the zoom lens to avoid embarassing him any further.
Loving being back in school.
Emma is in the same classroom as last year. Going back to school is a tough transition for her. I think it's because she is such an overachiever and works so hard to be perfect. She usually comes home and has to do some major unwinding.
I had the hardest time dropping off Anna. She was so excited when she got on the bus but when she saw the school crawling with kids I think it overwhelmed her a bit. She is the sweetest little girl and it made me cry to leave her at school. I can't believe she is my 4th to go through kindergarten and she was the hardest to let go. 

Look how scared she looks holding her paper doll.We've survived the first week and hopefully will have the routines down by next week. It's so hard to give up our lazy days of summer.

+copy2.jpg)
13 comments:
The crazy thing about teaching this year for me is that since Eli is in 7th grade now, he is as old as my students, which means that some of my students' parents are your age. It is really strange to think of it that way, because last year I always felt that parents were always older than me. They still are, but not by much anymore. So, today in class, one of my students was reading a story he wrote for class and in the story, he got a box delivered by UPS. He said "I just ignored it because I figured it was just from my mom ordering a bunch of clothes off the internet...[sigh] again." At that moment, this kid reminded me of Eli. I laughed out loud it was so funny!
What great kids you have! I love that you say your 7th grader is so helpful and sweet with the younger ones. That is so nice! How is Kind. going? It is going well here, but he is so tired by the end of the week.
Have a great weekend!
Adorable! Oh how I miss room 109. Emma looks like she is ready for school. Seth loved seeing these pics too:)
Did you decide to bus Eli to jr. high then? Has his innocence been shattered????
That picture of Anna and the paperdoll is the saddest and sweetest thing I've ever seen. I would have had a hard time saying good bye too.
Andrea, what fun pictures. Emma looks just like you , such sweet pictures of all your kids. Poor Anna's face, she certainly looks scared.
They look so cute. I can't believe how time flies. Anna looks so excited.
oh little anna...trying to be brave it seems? too sweet.
love the pics of your family. just beautiful. i am always amazed when i think about your family--it is such a neat story. you are such an inspiration...
and 7th grade? eeekkkk! i can't even think of it yet. tell me it will be ok??
Way too cute! I love all the pics! I can't believe Eli is in 7th grade!!! I can't believe Ana is in kindergarten. Ahhh, they are growing up so fast!!
Are you ready for back to school again this week?
I think leaving your kids in kindergarten gets harder with each kid - not easier - because all of a sudden you realize how grown up they are, how fast it all goes, and that they will never be as innocent or protected as when they were home all day with you.
And Jr. High! Wow - still hard to believe Eli is that old.
Good luck this next week!
It's so cute to compare that picture of Anna with the one I took of her a few minutes later with Natalie. She's such a trooper!
Your kids all look so adorable and ready for a new year! I can't wait for our "Back to Preschool" posts!
They look soooooo cute! Wow Eli in 7th grade! Ana totally looks like Nya in the last picture with the sad face. What a cutie. I am sure she will love Kinder!
So many fun photos. I would be sad to send my #4 to kinder as well. You have such a great attitude about your 5th graders teacher. We had a bad experience one year, thankfully we haven't since.
What cutie pies! I love their outfits too. Congratulations on making it through what must have been a crazy (in the good way) summer! Can't wait to hear what the school year brings.
Post a Comment