One of my greatest frustrations in life is having a laundry list of things to get done, especially around the house and not being able to complete them. Last saturday is the perfect example. Stake baptism at 9:00. Straight from there we go to a primary activity. Then Emma has a friend over. Jonah and Jason are at a soccer game that is over 30 minutes drive each way. They get home at 2:00, then it's time for me to take Emma to her soccer game which starts at 3:00. By the time I get home and Jason and I can get started tackling any of our projects it's 4:30. Then we discover that there is a broken spring that lowers the mower deck on Jason's lawnmower so we decide to trim and our trimmer is shot. Basically nothing got done and it leaves me feeling panicy.
As a result I made a goal this week to excuse myself from the world. I have been hanging out at home working like a madwoman trying to put our house in order. I have cleaned all the kids closets and taken inventory of their summer clothing, done major yardwork and all the laundry. Last night it paid off when the teenage boys from our church converged on our house to earn money for scout camp. We had bought $100 worth of yard work last summer but could never organize ourselves to have them come so we are redeeming it this year. We had about 10 boys and two leaders (jason was one of them) and we got so much done. I made a list before they got here and this is what we did in about 45 minutes:
Fertilized the lawn
finished staining the swingset (Eli did this and did such a great job)
Spread 6 yards of bark over 800 square feet of our side yard

trimmed the entire yard
mowed the lawn
Sprayed roundup down our entire driveway

I felt such a sense of relief when it was over. It would have easily taken Jason and I an entire Saturday to accomplish all that. Now all the dirty work is done in the yard and we're ready for summer.
As a result I made a goal this week to excuse myself from the world. I have been hanging out at home working like a madwoman trying to put our house in order. I have cleaned all the kids closets and taken inventory of their summer clothing, done major yardwork and all the laundry. Last night it paid off when the teenage boys from our church converged on our house to earn money for scout camp. We had bought $100 worth of yard work last summer but could never organize ourselves to have them come so we are redeeming it this year. We had about 10 boys and two leaders (jason was one of them) and we got so much done. I made a list before they got here and this is what we did in about 45 minutes:
Fertilized the lawn
finished staining the swingset (Eli did this and did such a great job)
Spread 6 yards of bark over 800 square feet of our side yard
trimmed the entire yard
mowed the lawn
Sprayed roundup down our entire driveway
I felt such a sense of relief when it was over. It would have easily taken Jason and I an entire Saturday to accomplish all that. Now all the dirty work is done in the yard and we're ready for summer.

+copy2.jpg)
14 comments:
You have to love that you didn't redeem it yet. Yard work is hard work I am glad that they were able to accomplish so much. I bet your yard looks wonderful!
That was TOTALLY worth $100! What a relief!
I bet it feels good to have all that work done. I need to take a week and just stay home too - but I never can seem to do it.
You should do that more often. The boys always need money for camp.
Our yard guy has been the pitts lately. I told Mike I am about ready to do the work myself so it can get done my way.
But after reading this I think I'll stick with looking out my window in the AC and complaining about someone else not doing it my way! Yard work is hard work. :)
I'm sure it is a huge relief to you and definitely worth $100.
Not only did you get your work done but i am sure the boys had fun doing it.
love
dad
What a fabulous idea! Get those boys to work earning money for scout camp while learning valuable skills and helping ward members. I love it!
Wow - IT is such a relief to feel like your caught up on things. You are an amazing woman. Love that you have the peaceful feeling and that you can now enjoy your yard!
I can sense the change in you already. yay...now I get my friend back!:)
Can't wait to see the yard.
Nothing like a boy scout to get the job done! Whew!
What a relief to have gotten so much done! Can't wait to see it!
Wow! Impressive! Probably one of the best ways to spend $100...and all for a good cause.
That's great! What fun. That is great that you got so many boys to show up. It makes a huge difference.
yay for feeling good on the outside of the house and the inside. you are my inspiration...
i need to get to all i have been neglecting around here in the last few weeks. i need to be ready for summer and right now, i am so NOT!
Post a Comment