Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hello to summer

I've never seen a boat so loaded down with people.


On Saturday we officially kicked off summer with a trip to the lake. Our family loves the lake and boating. Jason is passionate about waterskiing and has already been skiing with his friends Chad and Tony for a month now. Who cares about frigid lake water, they stretch the summer as far as they can.

Abbie and Emma have been going to the lake together ever since they were babies.

It was a picture perfect day. For years I've been dreaming about the day when I can sit on the beach and not have to worry about a toddler falling in the lake and I've finally arrived at that point. It was so relaxing and I enjoyed every minute of our day. We arrived before Chad and Kariann and had so much fun playing on the playground with the kids. I wish we could freeze this time in our lives. Eli is still young enough to be a willing participant and Jack and Lily are old enough to keep up with the big kids.
The guys had fun wakeskating while Kariann and I sat on the beach and watched. Then Chad took us skiing. It was the first year I've been in the water so early in the season. I was glad that my newly acquired waterskiing skills were still with me. After skiing Jason and Chad took their turn. When they came back we were so comfortable on the beach that we didn't want to go home.
On the way home we stopped for our traditional shakes and cheeseburgers at a local old-fashioned drive-thru. Then it was home to put the kids down and prepare our lessons for Sunday. Jason had to sub in gospel doctrine and I had to teach the nursery kids.
We woke up this morning to rainy skies. It was the perfect day for cleaning the house. We cleaned from top to bottom and I filled 6 garbage bags with trash. This afternoon the clouds cleared and we went to Chad and Kariann's house for a bar-b-que with a bunch of our friends. The kids had a great time playing and the parents had a great time chatting. We're back to school tomorrow for a few more weeks.

15 comments:

Carolyn said...

You're a fast blogger - I was just with you a couple hours ago. :-)

I love the lake pics. At first I thought that "loaded" boat was Chad's and was trying to figure out who the girls were in the bikinis!

p.s. The picture of Abby and Emma in their wet suits is SOOOO cute!!!

carlo said...

love that you had such a wonderful weekend. lots of fun and cleaning, too? bonus!

you look like a water ski pro in your wetsuit :)

[alisar] said...

I'm with Carolyn. I thought the bikini-clad, tattooed group was yours! It took me a minute to figure out what was happening :)
What a fun weekend! You are SO brave to get in that cold water. I would have stayed high and dry! Can't wait to see you at book group!

Lara said...

Way to jump right into summer! I look forward to summer all year round.

Chris is pretty much done with track - his girl took first place at high jump and so is working with her after school for another week to prepare her for another big track meet in Seattle on Saturday.

Amy said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast. I am glad you got a chance to water ski. Can't wait to see pics of Lily and Jack giving it a try.

jenny said...

Holy cow is right about that boat!

What a fun refreshing weekend. Rainy days are perfect for cleaning. So jealous of your ski pictures.

Kristin said...

How fun!! Too bad the only good day was Saturday...weather wise...that is.

I was trying to figure out if the girl in the bikini was Kariann!!! LOL!

I agree...you look like a pro in your wet suit!!

See you tonight.

Lucy said...

I hate boats like that. They are dangerous and if it was a car they'd get a ticket. Glad it wasn't you! Although...perhaps you have a big ol' tattoo on your abdomen and I just don't know it!:)

Looks like fun but that water must have been some kind of cold still. We haven't had that many hot days yet!

sugarcoatedcyanide said...

Ok, I'm officially jealous how great you look on skis!! I might look like that for a millisecond before I face plant! :)

Syd said...

SOOO fun!! I am so happy that summer is here. Maddy is out of pre-school and I feel so free!! I'm working on some cleaning myself today!! Hubby is talking about getting some jet ski's in a couple of years....we'll see. Sounds like you guys are going to have a fabulous summer!!

Bridget said...

You're right- that did look like a picture perfect day. So fun!

Victoria said...

Look at that hot mamma sking!! You go girl! Looks like a lot of fun. :)

Kelly said...

I can't imagine how cold that water must have been. I can barely stand our pool, but the kids have been swimming since Easter!

The party boat is scary.

KariAnn said...

Great times! Let the summer begin.

Rebecca said...

You look great on the water!

cjanerun