Saturday, May 05, 2007

Free Dinner

Last night we went out to dinner with Jay and Lucy to Outback. We only waited about 15 minutes for a table and then were seated. They brought us our drinks, took our order, then brought our salad. I ate the yummy salad and bread and was feeling quite content. I noticed I was drinking a lot of soda but the wait didn't seem anything out of the ordinary. Next thing we knew a worker approached our table and instruced himself as the manager. He went on to apologize for our dinner taking so long. Then he told us that the entire dinner was on him. I tried act nonchalant as possible but when he left I was so excited. I couldn't believe they were making such a big deal when I hadn't even noticed that our dinner was delayed.

I've never been given a complimentary dinner at a restaurant before and I've had far worse service. It made my day.

16 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

And I thought that you were going to tell us you got sick and were given a free dinner. Outback is good, but expensive. I remember going there for someones birthday in Sacramento and walking out with a $350 check.
love
dad

Kelly said...

Dinner out with friends AND free! Lucky!

Anonymous said...

Gotta love days like that. I am assuming that all 4 of you had free dinner? Score!

Anonymous said...

That was me--I need to sign out of my daughter's account. Jenny

Lara said...

Wow! I bet the food tasted even better after knowing it was free. How fun for you! Glad you could have a fun night out. You deserve it!!!!

carlo said...

kelly a took the words i was doing to use-- great luck and great night!

Amy said...

Cool! I have never been so lucky! Good for you!

Lucy said...

We had so much fun with you guys. Free steak AND dessert is the best! We loved the Wii too. Good times.

Carolyn said...

What a deal! Sounds like a perfect night out. :-)

Michelle Alley said...

Yeah! The food is good but I bet it tasted better after knowing it was free. I love their sinful sundae, really good.

[alisar] said...

Sweet! Free dinner is so tasty. Frugality is an excellent flavoring. And to be out with friends and enjoying the extra time together - priceless!

Betina said...

The best thing about Outback are those big old spears of broccoli. The veggies taste so good there. I have a very strong suspicion that they add sugar to them.

Score on the free meal!

Kristin said...

It doesn't get better than a free dinner...especially if you didn't have to be annoyed or sickened to get it! Glad you guys had fun.

Rebecca said...

Are we so accustomed to bad service nowadays that when we get it we have an out of body experience?

I'm glad you guys had fun!!

Bridget said...

I love the Outback. They are a classy organization. Most places would only offer a free drink, maybe a dessert if lucky. Lucky you!

michelle said...

That's quite a deal!

cjanerun