Wednesday, May 23, 2007

blogging hiatus

My sister arrived last Wednesday for a week of working on my mom's new house. We have spent the last week painting the entire main floor, ripping up the carpet and prepping for the hardwood floors to be refinished. We also helped my mom pack in preparation for her move next week.

In the midst of that I helped upload items for a charity art auction benefitting Chinese orphans, celebrated Jason's birthday and tried to hold down the fort at my own house.

It's been a whirlwind of nonstop activity and I miss my daily routines and life. The new house is move-in ready, the auction raised a ton of money, and Jason is 36. Tomorrow my sister leaves and things may quiet down a bit.

Instead of trying to do a recap I will just start over with blogging tomorrow.

9 comments:

Reuel and Ana said...

It is nice that you and Rebekah were able to help your Mother, I hope all goes well there.
love
dad

[alisar] said...

What a great opportunity to help your mom! And a great charity! I'm glad you'll be back in the blogging world soon. I hate having to do catch up posts - best to just start fresh!

Lucy said...

So glad you're back. I've been dying! Can't wait to get caught up:)

carlo said...

there's always tomorrow. i have missed you and i have had my own hiatus of sorts so i know what you mean.

yay that you are coming back. so much goodness in your world right now. love to hear evena bit about it.

Victoria said...

Sounds like you have been busy, glad it all turned out great, missed reading your blog, glad your back! :)

Rebecca said...

Do you need some childcare tomorrow while you send your sister off? My afternoon is open!

Lara said...

Busy week! Been thinking about you. Thanks for the spaghetti sauce!

Isn't normal daily routine nice?! (Only after you haven't had it in a while.)

Kelly said...

Wow, busy! You have been missed. Glad you were gone for busy and not sick kids.

Jay said...

Jason said you could have used some of that trim that you gave us.

Sorry!

cjanerun