One of my friends is out of town and I volunteered to watch her kids for a day. I picked Thursday because it's my quietest day of the week but at the last minute we switched to Wednesday which is jam-packed with adventures. Lily has speech and from there we go straight to the Children's Museum. I had planned to go to Costco since we were out of milk, bread and other lunch supplies. We got lots of looks while we were out and about since I was the leader of a flock of five kids under the age of five.
Here are the kids getting on the elevator in the parking garage.
Running down the downtown street to the museum. Right after I took this picture Jack peed his pants. I had to run into baby gap and buy him a new pair. How convenient that it is located two floors up from the children's museum.
The kids were surprisingly good. I talked Jason into meeting me at Costco since I didn't think we would survive the trip. The kids all crowded into one table and Jason and I sat at the other. We divided up hot dogs and each kid got their own straw for the drink.
For dessert we bought them a frozen yogurt which they all huddled around and ended up with about 3 spoonfuls each. It was a crazy day. The potty breaks about did me in (I think we had three total for the day). But then I realized that in all honesty this isn't much different from my everyday crazy life.
On an entirely different note this is my 100th post. Hooray! I can't believe I actually stuck with blogging. It has been so therapeutic for me. I have never been good about keeping a journal and as I read back through my posts I can't believe all the memories I have recorded and the new friends I've made. Since I started blogging all my siblings and my dad have started a blog. We are more connected than ever. The best part about blogging though, is how it has connected me with my real life friends. I have learned so much more about them and hopefully they've learned more about me. Here's to 100 more posts.
Here are the kids getting on the elevator in the parking garage.
Running down the downtown street to the museum. Right after I took this picture Jack peed his pants. I had to run into baby gap and buy him a new pair. How convenient that it is located two floors up from the children's museum.
The kids were surprisingly good. I talked Jason into meeting me at Costco since I didn't think we would survive the trip. The kids all crowded into one table and Jason and I sat at the other. We divided up hot dogs and each kid got their own straw for the drink.
On an entirely different note this is my 100th post. Hooray! I can't believe I actually stuck with blogging. It has been so therapeutic for me. I have never been good about keeping a journal and as I read back through my posts I can't believe all the memories I have recorded and the new friends I've made. Since I started blogging all my siblings and my dad have started a blog. We are more connected than ever. The best part about blogging though, is how it has connected me with my real life friends. I have learned so much more about them and hopefully they've learned more about me. Here's to 100 more posts.

+copy2.jpg)
15 comments:
Congratulations on 100 posts!
The five under five is really funny to read about, I'm sure you were exhausted living it though. Running into the gap to get new pants, classic! You are a super mom!
Yes honey I am glad you started us blogging it is great. these little stories we would never know about and you would soon forget. In my day if a kid wet his pants, it will dry. I love you so much.
dad
I am glad I am not the only one who gets one drink with several straws. Too cute. You are the woman for watching all those kids.
Congrats on your 100 posts. Here here for many many more!
100 posts! Who would have thought it. I remember feeling so embarrassed telling you about my blog but your enthusiasm and approval has unleashed the beast!
I hope your Wednesday wasn't too hard. Darn Sammy throwing up.
You are crazy! But that is what I love about you. Glad there was the Gap so close by. I love Lily's hair cut it is so cute! I love your blogs and I can't wait to read another 100 posts!
That picture of the kids running down the sidewalk downtown could be a self-promotional ad for our little city!
I love reading your posts! You always make me chuckle. Hooray for 100!
Congrats on 100! You rock! I am so impressed with you taking all the kids to Costco. They sound like they were very well behaved. Get some rest now. You deserve it!
happy 100th! looks like a fun day:)
And I thought my day was crazy!!! You are quite the woman Andrea!!!!! The pictures were adorable. Keep blogging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats on your 100th post. I found Sydney and another girl I grew up with through blogging. I heard somewhere that you might be related to Charity? She and I were friends growing up and lived across the street from each other. It's been great catching up with her on our blogs. 5 under 5 - you are brave!
Michelle,
Charity is married to my husband's cousin.
andrea, how cool is that? blogging has been wonderful for me, too. knowing that you inspired your family to start is wonderful. i love to read your dad's comments. i think it is just priceless.
also, 5 under 5? you are superwoman to me, andrea. seriously!!
Congratulations!! I am so glad you blog...I love reading your posts everyday!! That picture of the kids running down the street is classic!
I am sure you were not too annoyed to have to run into baby gap. Sounds like a fun day.
Hooray, here's to 100 more! Blogging has made me closer to my family as well. So many benefits. Your day sounds totally crazy, so if that's not that different from your regular life, then... wow. what a woman!
Post a Comment