I have always loved to look in the mirror. Not because I think I'm so fabulous looking but because I like to have little conversations with myself. I find myself as I go about my day having deep thoughts and stopping by a mirror to discuss them momentarily with myself.
I decided to do my self-portrait in my girls' bedroom today. I have always loved this little pink mirror and I have it placed at their level so they can look at themselves often. My hope is that as they look at themselves in the mirror they will see their inner strengths and know who they are.
Someone told me not long ago that I am so open to new ideas and it's true. Whether it's my Dave Ramsey money class, a parenting book, dozens of blogs that I love to read, or a principle of the gospel I am always trying to find new ideas to make life enjoyable and easier. If there's a better way I want to know about it. We are taught to become as little children: teachable, meek, trusting and humble. My self-portrait in a child's mirror is a reminder of what I'm trying to become. I have a LONG way to go, but it's what I'm stiving for.

+copy2.jpg)
17 comments:
I did it too! Yay! My favorite thing about you is your never-ceasing goal to become better. No status-quo for you! And the beauty of it is..you rub off on me.
I think you win my favorite of the day. and is not because the whole photo is pink!
I love your trait and honestly don't know if I know one person I would say has that talent. what an INCREDIBLE compliment.
I think I want to be your neighbor.
Good job Andrea! You are awesome! I love you!
What a great post and with such honesty. Love the mirror in your girls' room. I like the conversations you have with yourself in the mirror. I need to try that. Have a great day!
I love how you make your daily experiences so memorable. Your post is quite poetic - definitely something your children will treasure.
Sounds like you are doing great on your goal to be the best you can be. You are very inspiring to me.
Should I be exposing my ignorance here? What is "Self Portrait Tuesday"?
I love how open you are. You always look at every situation with such a positive attitude. I love that about you.
And yes you are fabulous looking!
Great post and picture. I love your thougths and honesty. I admire the fact that you are oepn to new ideas and are always striving to become better, always. I love the little children comment and reminder of how we should become like them.
You are beautiful.
I love your photo! And I enjoyed reading your words too. :)
I enjoyed reading your words too, but I REALLY love your hair!
I love that "become like a child" quote, so true. I love learning something new everyday and how else can we if we are not humble? Thank you for that. Beautiful picture!
thanks for sharing your post. i agree, it is a wonderful trait to be open to new things. i tend to dig my heels in against change of any sort!
I, too, love how open you are to new ideas. It is really refreshing and I love how enthusiastic you are...it inspires me!
Great self-portrait!!
Ally spends hours in front of the mirror having conversations. I'd be so proud if she grew up to be just like you - terrific mom, friend, church leader . . . the list goes on.
Loved this "reflective" blog. Fun photo and really intriguing thoughts. I always look forward to what I am going to learn from you each blog.
Great job, I love the pink mirror and that you have it in your girls' room so they can see themselves often.
I love your attitude Andrea. And that is a great you are so encouraging to your kids. That shows a lot about you!
Post a Comment