Friday, March 16, 2007

Amazing Grace


Tonight Jason and I went to see the movie Amazing Grace. I had no idea what it was about but today Jason heard a review of it on the radio and we decided to check it out. I had no idea that the man who wrote the beloved slave anthem, "Amazing Grace" was a captain of a slave ship who eventually turned to God and became a preacher and a teacher. One of his students, William Wilberforce was so inspired by him that he used his power as a member of the British Parliament to help abolish slavery. Thi film was a new angle of slavery that I never knew about and I found the film very inspiring. I love any film that is set in 18th century England and this film did not disappoint. I highly recommed it.
This has been a super busy week. I have had something every night which has interfered with my blogging time. On Tuesday we had book group. Wednesday night Jason had scouts and when he got home I took his mom shopping. On Thursday I had Girls Night Out with my church group. We played Settlers of Catan and it was surprisingly fun. I am used to playing with Jason and other couples so to play with all women was different experience, a little less competitive. It is the end of the trimester for my boys and they have been swamped with homework, projects and tests. It wasn't a good week for me to be gone every night.
I have spent my days cleaning and organizing my house. We've had a glimpse of spring so I put away all the winter stuff like boots and hats. I am hoping we won't have a need for them in the near future. Where we live spring is an attitude and I've broken out the capris for me and the spring clothes for my girls, hoping for the best.
Today Jason enjoyed the NCAA games in the Spokane Arena which made up for Gonzaga and BYU losing last night. Go WSU!

4 comments:

everything pink! said...

St. Patrick's Day is here, you see.
We'll pick some shamrocks, one, two, three.
We'll count the leaves and look them over,
And maybe find a four-leafed clover.
I'll sew green buttons on my vest,
Green for St. Patrick is the best.
I'll wear a green hat, very high,
And dance a jig--at least I'll try!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Anne said...

Andrea,

We have been hoping to see that movie for weeks!! (Haven't been able to fit it in yet!) It has been the subject of many discussions on my homeschool list for a while now! Did Jason hear about it on the Glenn Beck Show yesterday? I heard a snippet of the show after I dropped the girls off for swimming lessons.

It feels like spring in Utah today too! We've been doing yard work in 74 degree temps! Margaret hates the grass, even a blanket on the grass, so she has not been happy about our choice of activities! ;o)

Anne

P.S. _The Last Mimzy_ looks promising and we also really enjoyed _The Bridge to Terabithia_. I think your boys might find it a bit "sappy" though.

jenny said...

How fun to go to those games. We have been watching them all day here. (well, they have been on) Happy St. Patty's Day!

Lara said...

Thanks for the review - it sounds like a movie Chris and I will have to go see (when track is over of course) and we will have to use Eli and Jonah again!!!!

cjanerun