
I may be a bit premature in announcing this but I think I have hit a major milestone in my life. I have potty trained my last child! Hooray! I think my least favorite thing of motherhood is potty training. I loathe it. Looking back it doesn't seem that bad but in the heat of the moment it has been slightly tortuous for me. Imagine my surprise when Jason and I decided to adopt not one, but two kids with a medical condition that made potty training even more difficult.
Lily has been potty trained for months now but I haven't had the strength to train Jack. He'll go for a few days in underwear but then I'll get lazy and put him back in pull-ups. On Saturday I realized I was almost out of pullups and decided it was time to bite the bullet. He's been in underwear everyday since. He's had a few accidents here and there but overall he's doing great.
Today was the true test. I was gone from 10:15-3:30 today and Jack stayed dry the entire time. I was so proud of him. This is so significant for Jack since there are kids with his condition who are still not potty trained when it is time to start elementary school. A year ago I pictured myself changing his diapers for years and now he's strutting around in his tighty whities! As deep as our pain has been with Jack, great is my joy today.

+copy2.jpg)
9 comments:
Woo hoo!! I am looking forward to this day in a few months myself. Congrats on the milestone, a great one for sure.
Woot Woot! Awesome! Yippee! Yee Haw! I'm struggling to find the right words to express my true excitement for you.
I may be the most empathetic mom on the planet. And to think you have trained double the children I did.
You have accomplished a huge milestone indeed. Congratulations!
Yeah for Jack! And you too!
Potty training is necessary but evil. I've been so impressed with your patience and determination with both Jack and Lily. I'm excited for you and Jack!
I really love this picture. Such a cute pose.
Congratulations Jack!!! You too! Very exciting...I'm jealous.
Huge, huge, huge news!!!!!! Congratulations that is so awesome. I know how hard it is to take that final step. I keep thinking I'll get Sean trained but have just been to tired and busy - I know how much work goes into that. But yeah for you - no more diapers!!!! (What are you going to do with all that money you will now be saving?)
P.S.
I love the potty picture!
P.P.S.
I accidentally added this comment to the wrong post, so if you see it else where - sorry.
Wow-- that is an end to celebrate, indeed! :)
Your family is so adorable. Love to see their smiles...
Post a Comment