Monday, November 06, 2006

Weekend thoughts:

Fall is here!

These are the trees in our front yard. Yesterday they were covered with leaves and by this afternoon they were bare. I love living in a place where we have four seasons and can watch the changes in our landscape.

This was a rough weekend for me. I had a major case of the blah's. I think sometimes I forget that I need to take time for myself. I was so on edge with my kids. On Friday after school I had to take Eli to a birthday party. We needed to buy a present and were running late and both Lily and Anna had lost their shoes. They had been outside jumping and they always take their shoes off. I searched everywhere and could not find Lily's (Jason finally found them tonight, they were outside, I don't know how I missed them). Anyway, it was the thing that put me over the edge. I ended up going to bed early that night and was feeling better the next day. I was so glad when Lucy called to see if I wanted to paint her banister with her. It is always more fun to do a project at someone else's house. Lucy spoiled us by getting takeout from one of our favorite restaurants, Maggie's. We talked for two hours before we mustered up the strength to start painting. Once we got going, I got a 2nd wind and could have kept talking all night if Jay hadn't arrived home from work after midnight.

We ended up having a great Sunday as a family. My mom came over and played games with Emma and Jason and I made a yummy dinner for fast Sunday. After dinner Eli gave our FHE lesson. It's amazing how the quality of our FHE has gone up since we started having our kids do the lessons. He did such a good job. He found a story in the October Friend titled, "Ben Obeys." We had a great discussion about how rules keep us safe. Then it was our Sunday night tradition of America's Funniest Videos. This is a great show for our family because it appeals to all the ages of our kids.

Emma is enjoying having her friend Abbie ride the bus home from school with her this week while her mom is out of town.

Tonight we had some family fun at the YMCA. We put the three little kids in the daycare and the three big kids in the pool and Jason and I exercised. After we were done we all went for a swim. Lily, Jack and Anna loved the big waterslide and we made Lily go down by herself. She LOVED it and would laugh the entire way down.

5 comments:

Lucy said...

Family night at the YMCA sounds fun! Eventually, I might just use that blasted membership.

Thanks for painting with me. It feels so nice to have one of the many projects that are undone finished!

Anonymous said...

I understand about the blahs...I had them all weekend and the continuous rain doesn't help! "Ben Obeys" is a good FHE story...we had that one last week...Reilly was teaching. Now if she would only OBEY! :)

Carolyn said...

We just got back from the YMCA . . . and to balance out the exercise I'm sitting here eating a tin of chocolate covered caramel corn!

We should start a "home improvement club" and take turns doing projects at each other's houses once a month. :-)

jenny said...

I love looking at your fall pictures. As you know we currently only experience two seasons summer and a little cooler summer.

I know what you mean about the blahs I have had them all week!

Coffinberry said...

I'm glad you liked the story.

cjanerun