Sunday, October 22, 2006

I had to take a few days break from blogging thanks to the fact that I had to speak in church today and it took all my writing energy to prepare a talk. As soon as I sat down after the talk I felt instant relief. I am so happy I only have to do that once every few years.

Here are some highlights of the past week:

HAIRCUTS:

The girls and I finally got our haircuts taken care of. It had been a long time since our stylist moved in August. I've been putting it off because I'm so scared to try someone new but my roots have been bad for a month so I broke down on Friday. She came to our house and cut all the girls hair, plus mine. I thought she did a good job and even if she didn't it's worth it that she will come to me!! The boys were so good and entertained the little kids.

ELI BABYSITS:

I think we are close to being set free from babysitter bondage. Eli babysat, out of absolute necessity on Friday night. We had the evening of the arts (way to go Lucy, best one yet) and did not want to miss it. Eli babysat all summer, but never all the kids and never when the little ones were awake. On Friday I couldn't get the little kids in bed before we left so it was up to Eli. He had all three little kids in bed before 8:30 and I was amazed. Even I can't do that very well. So, it's official, my days of begging girls to babysit are over. Luckily Eli is a homebody so I think I'm in great shape for a few years.

NEW FAMILY IN THE WARD

We have lived in our ward for 8 years and watched family after family move out. Today a new family moved in and Jason was so excited to discover it was a guy who had served in his mission. It was fun to make that connection.

That's about it. I've been consumed by my talk so not much happened around here this weekend. Jason was great and took over for me so I could concentrate and I think he's more relieved than I am that it's over.



2 comments:

Lucy said...

That is awesome about Eli babysitting. You are going to enjoy that connection! Thanks for coming to E of A. I can't tell you how much it meant to see you there...knowing that you knew how I was feeling. You are such a great friend.

Kristin said...

Having older kids babysit...what a wonderful world it is!! I have now let Reilly do it a couple of times...like when I will only be gone for 45 min. to an hour. I am giddy with excitement anticipating the day when we can leave for several hours!! Aaahh!

That is fantastic about your hair! I will have to get all the details from you!! :)

cjanerun