Saturday, October 14, 2006

Freaky Friday

Yesterday was one of those days where I felt like I was spinning my wheels. I woke up with good intentions of getting lots of things done but ended up doing a lot of driving. I had some Gymbucks from Jason's mom to spend at Gymboree so I drove to the mall while the kids were at preschool. When I got to the counter the lady told me I needed 25.00 more worth of merchandise for my gymbucks redemption but I was out of time to even search for anything because I had to get the kids from school. I rushed back to the school and was four minutes late which is so embarassing since I have three kids that get to wait with the teacher. Back we went to the mall and as I pulled into my parking spot my bumper knicked the bumper of the car next to me. It was so minor that I debated over whether to write a note and called Jason who told me that OF COURSE I should write a note. I rushed into Gymboree with the kids and quickly picked out my additional $25.00 worth of merchandise, only to find out that I really didn't need it. AARRGHH! I came back for nothing. A very expensive trip to the mall when the scratched bumper is taken into account.

After the mall I rushed off to Emma's teddy bear picnic at the school. The kids all had a great time and I planned the Halloween party with the two other moms that are in charge.

Next on my agenda was getting Eli and Jason off on their campout. They left and I made plans with Lucy to go out to dinner. We were going to paint her stairs but she was having some back pains so we opted for dinner at the new PF Changs downtown. I was just getting the kids fed when Jason called to say the the tent poles were not with the tent. Once again I jumped in the car and met him halfway with the tent poles.

Lucy and I had a great time at dinner. Spontaneous plans are so much fun. I am glad we decided to go spur of the moment. It wouldn't have been as much fun if we were anticipating a night out the whole week. We shared a babysitter and he somehow managed to get all the kids in bed. It was a good thing since we had to wait an hour and a half for our table. We spent the time shopping. It was so nice to have a girls night out! If you want to see pictures check out Lucy's blog by clicking on the link on the right of the page.

1 comment:

Lucy said...

O.K. I finally blogged about our great night so there is actually a reason for someone to link to my site. Thanks for making a long Friday a little bit brighter.

cjanerun